Choosing a HDD

I have to buy a new hard drive for my PC laptop, What do i look for and Do i just choose any laptop hard drive or do i have to pick the HDD that is only for my model.

I have an Acer aspire 5520-5865

Also how much would the cheapest HDD cost?

Going by your laptop model, it appears to take an SATA hard disk. This means that you will need to purchase a 2.5" SATA drive.

What size of hard disk are you after? They come in a range of sizes and the price depends a lot on the capacity. For brand, I have a preference for Western Digital, although any brand of SATA 2.5" should work fine.

The most likely size that came with that laptop is 160GB, so if you’re looking to replace this with the same size, this will likely cost around US$50 in the US or €35 to €40 in Europe from an online shop. Retail shops tend to charge more, but don’t forget to take the delivery charge into account if you order online.

Well, I was thinking maybe like somewhere in the 50-100 gb section.

The smallest they start at is 80GB, unless you come across a shop that has old stock.

On Newegg (US onlin store) there’s a ~$5 difference between the 80GB and 160GB SATA 2.5" models. Here in Ireland, the online stores I checked either don’t stock 80GB models or charge very little difference between the two. So in my opinion, it’s worth getting a 160GB SATA 2.5" hard disk for your laptop.