Chinese IT company sues Apple over Siri

vbimport

Chinese IT company sues Apple over Siri.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/07/TciEtD.jpg[/newsimage]Shanghai based Zhi Zhen Internet Technology filed a lawsuit against Apple for patent infringment with their Siri software. 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/chinese-it-company-sues-apple-over-siri-62312/](http://www.myce.com/news/chinese-it-company-sues-apple-over-siri-62312/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Apple … the unoriginal sin :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2641984]Chinese IT company sues Apple over Siri.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/07/TciEtD.jpg[/newsimage]Shanghai based Zhi Zhen Internet Technology filed a lawsuit against Apple for patent infringment with their Siri software. 

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/chinese-it-company-sues-apple-over-siri-62312/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

This comes from a nation that steals patients and pirates movies and software… that is just laughable… :Z :Z :Z :Z

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2641997]a nation that steals patients[/QUOTE]
I hope this was just a typo :eek:

Jiangsu Xeubao, is also going after Apple with claims that the company infringed on its trademark of Snow Leopard.

I guess this feeds all the Apple fanboys, if Apple says it’s bad, it’s bad for them

[QUOTE=Liggy;2642001]I hope this was just a typo :eek:[/QUOTE]

lol oh yeah typo…thought FF would catch the mistake…

Patents…not patients…but wait people do go there for cheap medical surgery as well? So that line isn’t to far fetch… :confused:

This article is slanted, pun intended!

Tom Cruise must really be worried now, fits
Katie leaves him and China sues over siri!:clap::bow::stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2642050]lol oh yeah typo…thought FF would catch the mistake…

Patents…not patients…but wait people do go there for cheap medical surgery as well? So that line isn’t to far fetch… :confused:[/QUOTE]

Mind you they do have a very active organ harvesting industry in China so maybe your typo was correct…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2641997]This comes from a nation that steals patients and pirates movies and software… that is just laughable… :Z :Z :Z :Z[/QUOTE]
Wait! So you’re saying, that just because there are companies doing piracy and copy-cating in China, it is absolutely okay for Apple to steal the patents of a real IT company that surely is not pirating anything (because they are the ones developing Mandarin & Cantonese voice software for their own nation, so clearly they are the inventors and not the pirates)…

Patent infringement is bad from whatever side it comes from. China has done a LOT of piracy, but it doesn’t mean that the ones doing the invention need to be punished for it! And Apple has a long history of stealing smaller company and unknown developers ideas and then telling them “SUE US IF YOU CAN!” just because they know these tiny firms and developers cannot handle the costs for a lawsuit.

Patents are there for a reason, but it looks like only Apple is the one allowed to protect its own according to lots of the reactions I’ve been seeing everywhere!! Not talking about you coolcolors though, cause you’re cool ;), but I’m just talking in general :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=headquarter84;2642521]

And Apple has a long history of stealing smaller company and unknown developers ideas and then telling them “SUE US IF YOU CAN!” just because they know these tiny firms and developers cannot handle the costs for a lawsuit. [/QUOTE]

Chinese and South Korean firms are learning fast how to sue from Apple. Probably Nokia also will copy Kodak’s survival strategy.

There are too many things to read among the thousands of patent applications and lawsuits from (nearly) free webistes like Patent Bolt and Patently Apple these days to keep track of what new technologies and products are coming and who is suing whom for what. One needs a 3-D lawsuit map displaying the various ongoing suits on a vast wall in realtime.

[QUOTE=headquarter84;2642521]Patents are there for a reason[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t sign that in every case. Many patents are just trivial and should not have been granted at all.

[QUOTE=headquarter84;2642521]And Apple has a long history of stealing smaller company and unknown developers ideas and then telling them “SUE US IF YOU CAN!” just because they know these tiny firms and developers cannot handle the costs for a lawsuit. [/QUOTE]Apple may be known among all the Apple fanboys (and fangirls) as the great innovator, but I don’t believe they’ve ever had a completely original idea. I believe iOS was originally based on Unix, and MacOS is basically a UNIX operating system. And the tablet was actually invented by Microsoft about five years ahead of the iPad, but Apple proudly takes full credit for having the first tablet. Microsoft’s tablet ran Windows XP and used a stylus, and after no one was interested, Microsoft dropped the ball big time.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2642674]I believe iOS was originally based on Unix, [/QUOTE] Oops, I meant iOS was originally based on Linux.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2642674]Apple may be known among all the Apple fanboys (and fangirls) as the great innovator, but I don’t believe they’ve ever had a completely original idea. I believe iOS was originally based on Unix, and MacOS is basically a UNIX operating system. And the tablet was actually invented by Microsoft about five years ahead of the iPad, but Apple proudly takes full credit for having the first tablet. Microsoft’s tablet ran Windows XP and used a stylus, and after no one was interested, Microsoft dropped the ball big time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BradWright;2642703]Oops, I meant iOS was originally based on Linux.[/QUOTE]
And linux was once based on unix :slight_smile:
I believe that toshiba used to have those windows XP tablets … I had my hands on one for a few days (working at a computer shop after the toshiba rep left us one, so we could push it on customers) … but the touch interface was designed for a stylus & it was pressure based, rather than touch-capacitive … so it was a real chore to use. Took about 5 seconds for the novelty to wear off.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2642703]Oops, I meant iOS was originally based on Linux.[/QUOTE]
What you probably meant that Darwin (the Unix kernel on Mac OS X) is based on FreeBSD. But the GUI is something Apple wrote.

Even the book meant to praise and deify Steve Jobs described how he and Apple took ideas and inventions by others and got the credit (and money.) Walter Isaacson seemed to know little and had been uninterested in IT but repeated favorites phrases by Jobs as if it were from the Bible.

From what I’ve read on one of the ‘Apple fanboys’ websites, Patently Apple, they do invent to apply for patents and make profits.

Meanwhile, all the Apple fanboys’ websites published news based on the Reuters’ interview with Richard Posner.

[QUOTE=debro;2642707]And linux was once based on unix :slight_smile:
I believe that toshiba used to have those windows XP tablets … I had my hands on one for a few days (working at a computer shop after the toshiba rep left us one, so we could push it on customers) … but the touch interface was designed for a stylus & it was pressure based, rather than touch-capacitive … so it was a real chore to use. Took about 5 seconds for the novelty to wear off.[/QUOTE]

I have a Fujitsu/Seimens tablet running XP.
It’s capacitive but still requires a stylus, anoying (or a USB mouse)

It runs XP-Tablet Edition suprisingly well considering what it is, a PentiumIII-933

Frankly I use it as little more than a windows based iPod Touch,
though I have a 120gb HDD in it.

But what these things originally sold for borders on the obscene.

It’s funny how Apple has always sued Microsoft for the same thing? Coincidence or hypocrisy?