Chinese company resurrects HD DVD

vbimport

I just posted the article Chinese company resurrects HD DVD.

The Chinese company “Pri Laneo” has announced in a press release that they acquired intellectual property licenses to all relevant patents and technologies that are required for…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14449-Chinese-company-resurrects-HD-DVD.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14449-Chinese-company-resurrects-HD-DVD.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

NOW HD DVD burners come out ?!?!!? Perfect timing. If this had happened this time last year I can guarantee that Blu-ray would be already cold in the ground. HD DVD burners for $90. This is just blowing my mind. In an unrelated story, last night at Wal-Mart I bought the first six Star Trek movies (2-disc DVD Director’s Cut) for $5 each. Yeah, I think they’ll be selling on Blu-ray in a couple months for $40 each. Sorry $ony, no soup for you. :+

What day is this? Oh yeah, it’s 1 April.

Actually this could be true, I heard inside rumors about this before as the Samsung Toshiba joint venture would suffer to much about the HD DVD Blu-ray battle.

Pri Laneo = April One Well, now I just feel silly. I’m not to blame, though. It’s easy to believe that China could do such a thing. Prices are low on everything that comes out of that country. Slave labour is just awesome.

Hahahaha, “Pri Laneo”, cool logo by the way…

Pri Laneo? No such company exists. Logo looks very nice though. :slight_smile:

Guys, seriously: Pri Laneo = April One :slight_smile:

Ah, DukeNukem beat me to it. :slight_smile:

april fools

Ya got me on that one, first time today. Thought I’d skate free without falling for one. :stuck_out_tongue:

They do this every year… I had a feeling this years April fools joke would include a HD DVD theme… :B

They do this every year… I had a feeling this years April fools joke would include a HD DVD theme… :B