China quashes Internet anonymity

vbimport

I just posted the article China quashes Internet anonymity.

Following a change of leadership China takes measures to quash Internet anonymity

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/china-quashes-internet-anonymity-65471/](http://www.myce.com/news/china-quashes-internet-anonymity-65471/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If China can do it, so can rest of us. At least that’s what politicians will soon be saying around the world. Get ready for PIPA/SOPA! It’s ON!

I don’t care where you’re from, if I were you, I’d start protesting the minuet your governments start imposing this kind of :Z. This goes double if you live in a democracy! Any government that imposes such a policy can kiss my …

Wonder if this will effect the legions of email spammers and pirates operating in China?

[QUOTE=CDan;2670768]Wonder if this will effect the legions of email spammers and pirates operating in China?[/QUOTE]

That’s a very good question. :clap:

With regard to he spam side of things, in normals circumstances, you’d assume ‘no’, as it’s easy for spammers to both falsify/spoof details and evade detection through other means.

I’d be very surprised if [U]any[/U] anonymous proxies were accessible in China and who knows what additional types of monitoring they may have there?

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have somewhat less fear of gov’t censorship versus the private companies doing it and never reporting it, never being found out.

As for spammers, I wish there was ONE effective law: “No mail server that sends out messages can deny receipt of REPLYs.”

Therefore, any spam sent to me would be forced to receive all volume of REPLYs. They send out 800Gb of bandwidth? They must accept all replies. And the vicious public might think, “Why not spam-out my own replies? I’ll send that one spammer 800 REPLYs. Tie up HIS server. Make him pay for MORE disk space and consumed bandwidth.”

Make them “enjoy” the total responsibility for their ‘service’, so to speak.

Automated surveillance of the masses. Please introduce it everywhere. I’ve always wanted everyone to know what I do all day long.

I agree with Christine on the spammers being forced to accept replys.

For China : What does anyone expect freedom of speech & democracy ?
China is still a communist country . It suprises me that this control wasn’t already in place & even more.

I understand (but not agree) the need of governments to know exactly what their people are up to, but do these governments really expect people not to find/invent to circumvent this? This is the internet age. Information will get online and will give them tools to create a new kind of anonimity.

[QUOTE=cholla;2670892]I agree with Christine on the spammers being forced to accept replys.

For China : What does anyone expect freedom of speech & democracy ?
China is still a communist country . It suprises me that this control wasn’t already in place & even more.[/QUOTE]

As far as I’m aware the powers that be had already expressed a desire that all users should be identified but it’s only now being enforced following the change in leadership.

With regard to the replies idea, if spammers can send out millions of emails in a few seconds they can delete replies even faster.

I may be wrong but I don’t think this replies idea would have any effect other than to clog up the Internet even more.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2670912]I understand (but not agree) the need of governments to know exactly what their people are up to, but do these governments really expect people not to find/invent to circumvent this? This is the internet age. Information will get online and will give them tools to create a new kind of anonimity.[/QUOTE]

True but I’d imagine people living in China might have a hard job finding out how to do that when all their Internet activity is monitored and searches that the authorities want blocked are prohibited (and presumably tracked as well).

[B]Wombler[/B]

+1 to what ChristineBCW said! If they spam the heck out of me, I should be able to return the favor!

I don’t think spammers would care. All they do is spam you with their bots and i doubt they would open emails sent back or look at it.

Let their systems spin with more Delete processes. Fine. At least make them TAKE IT.

Of course, the downside is an exponential growth on on-line traffic. Maybe that’s what is needed to finally halt spammers, though.

As for China and the Real ID… there’s a joke about someone being so fat they “have more chins than a Chinese phonebook.” Crude joke. I apologize.

But if there are Westernized characters used for Real ID maintenance, ever think about how many names are repeated in 2 BILLION+ people?

I think we’re getting into IPv8 territory!