Chickenman's tutorials

Can “Chickenman” complete his tutorials on how to convert divx-avi to (s)vcd with a possibility of adding sub-titles?

if the divx already has subtitles hardcoded than it is the same method.
Now if you want to add subtitles after to a DivX that doesn’t already have subtitles or that has options to turn them on & off, that’s a different story.
You would have to hardcode them in as VCD doesn’t allow for you to switch them on or off. I do not recall if SVCDs do, but either way I think they would have to be in the DivX first.

Ofcourse wait for CM (grand master) (*_^) to give you a deffinate answer.

Originally posted by bighousie
Can “Chickenman” complete his tutorials on how to convert divx-avi to (s)vcd with a possibility of adding sub-titles?

Sorry, but as far as I’m concerned they are finished. Personally I have absolutely no use or need of subtitles.

However, the method I have written really doesnt allow subtitles to be included anyway so I really cant add a subtitle option.

The way to add subs is to load the AVI into VirtualDUB, include subs there, and frameserve to TMPGEnc. Sorry but thats about all the info I have on how to do it. Maybe doom9 site has a How to. Remember that SVCD with soft encoded subtitles will not play in most DVD Players and need to be hard encoded, the same as for VCD’s.

@shadoe, good to see you here mate.

Up to now i indeed did it with VirtualDub , but i thought may be there was a possibility with your method as well! But thanks anyway!

@ChickenMan,
Thanks mate. I chose to be here mainly because you and a few others I already know from the other forums.
Although I think perhaps one mod on this forum doesn’t like it lol.

Originally posted by shadoe_phantom
Although I think perhaps one mod on this forum doesn’t like it lol.

Hard to understand why you are being so rude as to spread such comments on other boards. You seem to make everything personal. You have no right to talk about whether I do not like your presence here or not as I am not interested in anyone’s personal matters in discussing optical disk drives.

Answer given and going off topic. Closed!