Chickenmans guide to converting divx to dvd help

vbimport

ok followed the guide back and forth front to back and every time i work on one of these files i got i get either unsynced audio(badly by over 10 secs) also it sounds like you are listening to it thru a fan that h-h-h-e-e-e-e-e-ey-y-y-y-ya-a-a-a thing anyhow i finally found gspt and i look at the file, everything seems normal except the audio frames are split across interleave, is this normal and will this casue errors when useing dvd2svcd to decode and make the new? becasue the extracted file is fine sounds fine, but the encoded version of the sound thats been converted is the choppy funny sounding one thats out of sync. been working on these files for a week any help would be greatly appreciated, also for info i did a full system restore to the bare basics, installed only the stuff his guide tells you to and went from there and this still happens, also i ran file thru divfix/divxrepair, and both report the movie is without errors.heres what i get in gspot for it ill post it incase i need to do something to the file prior to useing dvd2svcd on it(with the d2sroba addon)

GSPOT results:
FILE_NAME xxxxxx.divx.avi
FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH C:\Dvd Work\sources\xxxxxx.divx.avi
FILE_SIZE 254,368,588
CONT_BASETYPE AVI(.AVI)
CONT_SUBTYPE OpenDML (AVI v2.0),
CONT_INTERLEAVE_TIME 40
CONT_INTERLEAVE_PRELOAD 522
CONT_INTERLEAVE_ALIGN Split
CONT_TOTAL_BITRATE 0
CONT_BYTES_MISSING 0
CONT_AUDIO_STREAM_COUNT 1
VIDEO_CODEC_TYPE DX50/divx
VIDEO_CODEC_NAME DivX 5.0
VIDEO_CODEC_STATUS Codec(s) are Installed
VIDEO_DURATION 00:38:48
VIDEO_FRAME_COUNT 58207
VIDEO_QF 0.261
VIDEO_SIZE_X 480
VIDEO_SIZE_Y 256
VIDEO_PICS_PER_SEC 25.000
VIDEO_FRAMES_PER_SEC 25.000
VIDEO_BITRATE 803
VIDEO_MPEG4 MPEG-4
VIDEO_MPEG4_BVOP B-VOP
VIDEO_MPEG4_NVOP N-VOP
VIDEO_DAR 1.875

any blank lines were removed to save space. thanks in advance and if theres any more info i can provide to help plz post and lemme know.

also note the video that is ripped always turns out perfectly like i want it to its just the audio and the sync that are screwey.

What format is the audio in the original DivX file? AC3, VBR MP3, etc…
I would suggest uncompressing your audio with VirtualDub/VirtualDubMob/NanDub to PCM and using the uncompressed PCM as your source audio.

Hi InZain,

I would try the above suggestion as well as see if “Interleaving the audio and video Every One second” makes a difference. If this too doesn’t work, I would suggest Opening the file in a Avi analyzer such as GSpot, AviCodec etc. which will give you a clue as to what compression the sound track uses on the avi file.

Hope this helps.

ok gonna give that a try now thansk for the help so far i appreciate it also the audio is in this format:

(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3
44100Hz 64 kb/s total (2 chnls)

atleast thats what gspot says.

also im kinda new to all this how would i do the extracting the audio uncompressed in virtuadubmod, i look in mine and every option seems to be video only related in the whole thing in fact i cant find anything to do anything to audio in it? or is the audio stuff only in the virtuadub un modded version? and maybe nanodub, havent tried or seen either of the later 2 so i dunno.

i have virtuadubmod 1.5.10.1 btw

I use Nandub when the audio is VBR. If it is CBR, I’ll use VD. I mainly use VBMod to convert MPEG2 video to avi.
Open your video file in VD, if it complains about VBR audio, use Nandub. From Video tab select Direct Stream Copy. From audio tab select Full Processing Mode, Then from audio tab select Compression > No Compression (PCM). Save your file. the video will be untouched, with the audio converted to PCM. Then use this newly created video file as your source file for the conversion.