Chickenman's DVD to DVD+R guide & subtitles?

I’m new to the forums here but I’ve been following :bow:Chickenman’s:bow:guides for a few weeks now, and I’ve got a few questions…

First, I’m trying to do a movie backup and keep the subtitles, but I’m not sure at what point I’m supposed to rip them in DVD Decrypter. In his guide it says under Step 3: Backing up DVD-9, Double Layer or Type 2 DVD’s where Movie + Audio is under 4.37gig:

1. Now click on the Stream Processing Tab and tick the box for Enable Stream Processing. Untick ALL except the first track 0xE0 Video -… and at least 1 Audio track. Normally the 0x80 Audio AC3 /6ch/English is directly under the Video track.
    with no mentions of ripping and/or demuxing the subtitles. A few steps down we’re told to read NOTE 2: Subtitle extraction with SubRip, which says:
  2. Run SubRip and click File / Open VOB’s (or click the small blue VOB icon). Then click Open IFO and browse to the IFO file you ripped to HD.
    From the “IFO file you ripped to HD” part, I take it I am supposed to keep the subtitles checked when ripping with DVD Decryptor, but do I demux them or not?

And a second, unrelated question (wasn’t sure if I should start another thread or not): what would be the best program to split an episode disc onto two DVD-Rs? I’d like to put half the episodes on one disc, half on the other, while keeping the menus and quality intact (without re-encoding, of course). Another idea I had, especialy with a lot of my anime series discs, would be to remove an episode per disc, and putting the ‘stray’ episodes on one seperate disc. How would I go about doing this?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched the forums but couldn’t find quite what I was looking for, which mainly has to do with preserving the quality of the video.

alright this is how i do mine

get dvd decryptor v3.x
and pinnacle instant copy v 7 or 8
should have links for both

rip the full movie, all files to hdd with dvd decryptor and it should take out the region lock as well,

then open instant copy and u can take out subtitles u dont want, audio langauges, and it will reencode the video to fit onto dvd-5

Mr Bass’s Great Tutorial for instant copy Doom 9 - Your only need for video backup