Chickenman Re: your DivX to DVDR guide

vbimport

Everything is fine except the spruceup bit!
This bit here…
2. Select the Movies Tab and in its box, right click and select Add Media Asset… and browse to your *.mpv file. Click Open and it will slowly load in, followed by the AC3 or MPA audio file.

The video .mpv loads in nicely but the audio file, properly renamed, won’t load! I tried a few times and it will not budge:confused:

There is nothing wrong with the audio file as it loads into Maestro nicely, but Maestro is a pig to use compared to SpruceUP.

Any ideas old chap? or is it Maestro only for me?

TIA.

Check that you don’t have a double extension i.e. movie.ac3.ac3 or movie.mpa.mp2 you might also want try it with no extension.

Good man…never thought of that, will try later. Thanks for the tip;)

Unless you have view extensions turned on, Win2000 or XP generally can double up extensions when renaming.

I’m in the process of re-writting the Tute and will be recommending Maestro in the future. SpruceUp can unly do 4:3 format (without having to correct headers etc, I want to keep it simple!), but with Maestro you can now encode as Anamorphic 16:9 in DVD2SVCD and author as 16:9 in Maestro just like the real DVD’s. To many people are having problems loading in the Audio, just like you, and Maestro is so darn simple to use yet has far more extensive capabilities (such as re-syncing audio) than SprucUp.

Looks like Maestro then :slight_smile:

Anyway, I noticed the new “Anamorphic 16:9” setting in DVD2SVCD, nice touch! So the setting is still the same in Maestro, i.e “16:9 Letterbox”? or will it different now for the anamorphic encoded film from DVD2SVCD?

TIA.

If you plan on using SpruceUP, then select in DVD2SVCD as per the Tute, (ie 16:9 encoded as 4:3). However, if you intend to use Maestro to auther the files, then you can select as per the Tute and leave as 4:3 in Maestro, but its better to select 16:9 Anamorhpic (encoded as 16:9) ONLY if authoring in Maestro, and change aspect ratio in Maestro to 16:9 ( else everyone will be a cone head on playback!)

Originally posted by ChickenMan
If you plan on using SpruceUP, then select in DVD2SVCD as per the Tute, (ie 16:9 encoded as 4:3). However, if you intend to use Maestro to auther the files, then you can select as per the Tute and leave as 4:3 in Maestro, but its better to select 16:9 Anamorhpic (encoded as 16:9) ONLY if authoring in Maestro, and change aspect ratio in Maestro to 16:9 Leterbox ( else everyone will be a cone head on playback!)