ChickenMan re: Scenarist 2.6 and DVD2SVCD weird problem!

I left a divx film encoding overnight using DVD2SVCD and used scenarist 2.6 to author a set of vobs, everything went as planned, or so I thought!

I run the finished vobs in powerdvd to test and found that after the end credits there was about 10 minutes of the film that had been moved from where it should have been and was playing after the end credits had finished :confused:

I then ran the “pulldown.mpv” file in powerdvd to check that…that was fine, the movie is “as is” and there is nothing playing after the end credits.

Have you seen this before? Any solutions?

TIA.

I’m using Sc 2.7 but unable to get it to mux the video & audio files. Errors out everytime, fine for DVD’s but not for AVI conversion. Only difference I can see is the AVI conversion has MP2 audio rather than AC3.

So to answer your question, no, I havent seen nor heard of your problem.

No problems…I’ll stick with Maestro then, at least you can get a decent ac3 soundtrack sorted before authoring. :wink:

a8

Exactly, thats why I havent updated the Tute yet, waiting for AC3 conversion. Its comming.

This is slightly off topic, but, I’m having problems with forced subtitles. DVD2SVCD allows you to select them. That’s all good. I even watch it process the subs and all looks good. When it authors the dvd with scenarist, the output doesn’t have any subtitles. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong or any direction you can point me in to trouble shoot this one? I’m not very good with scenarist yet, but, it’s all automagic with DVD2SVCD. Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Unfortunately thats a known bug in the latest DVD2SVCD with Scenarist, the author is working on a fix so I understand.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Unfortunately thats a known bug in the latest DVD2SVCD with Scenarist, the author is working on a fix so I understand.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I’ll have to keep trying to do it manually with Maestro. My issue with doing it that way is that I can rip the sub’s and import them into Maestro, but, the timing is off. Near the beginning everything is fine but as you get further into the movie they get further and further off. Frustrating to say the least.