Checking for cd errors after burn

vbimport

Is it best to use Nero CD Speed and cd quality check or scandisc...

should it be read in reader only like LTD 163 or the writer

I just tested a cd I burned with winoncd 5 at 48x(it wrote 667mg of data in 1:45 -2:00 sec with leadin/out..

I used cd quality check with the cd in my LTD 163..
first run 4 errors 0%
2nd run 101 errors 0%

in my Liteon 40125S converted to 48125W

first run 0 errors 0%
2nd run 140 errors 0%

the errors seem to occur at 50-55 min mark....but not the sam spot based on graph for the LTD and cdrw

ssems very strange results..would you not expect the errors to be in the same spot???

How do you what the error is....could be a scratch on the cdr ...or is it a corrupted file?

I ran the scan disc with file test only..no errors were reported...

????

Just use a binary compare util, to compare the files. I like filesync, but I don’t know if it is still being updated.

In the past, when my ancient HP 7200i started to make coasters from time to time, I used Cdcheck from http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/
Neat little program, and freeware. :slight_smile:
Also, Cdr-diagnostic is very good, but not free.

Thanks…

I used CD Check and have for awhile…I am checking a disc now that Nero CD Speed cd quality check reported 6500 errors 000.1% at around 70 min + mark

But what is the significance of these errors by Nero CD Speed ans how many is bad so to speak

CD CHeck version 3.00.27 no errors…

OK which is better for evaluating a burn …CD Check, Nero CD Speed or something else

Originally posted by nealh
[B]Thanks…

But what is the significance of these errors by Nero CD Speed ans how many is bad so to speak

CD CHeck version 3.00.27 no errors…

OK which is better for evaluating a burn …CD Check, Nero CD Speed or something else [/B]

CD Check and CD Speed File Check check file integreity after the C2 errors are repaired.

Surface check to check a burn. If there are errors, check the file integrity. If it passes, the data is safe, but not as safe as if there were no C2 errors.

HTH.

thanks…I must say 24x burning gives much better quality check a few burns…100% perfect…

no matter whether I burn at 40x or 48x on this Liteon 40125S o/c to 48x…it always gives a few damaged almost always less 1%…generally 99.13 +% good …last sector is always unreadable with Nero but not WinOnCD and clonecd…very strange I assume it has to close last session or lead out or something with Nero

the Media I am sure is the problem…because give Taiyo Yuden has this problem but I am burning a 24x disc at 40x(smartburn says it will burn at 40x…need to check it at 24x speed and see what happens) …Philips 40x cdr at 48x …(smartburn again says this ok…but I think the media is a problem)

These high speed burns may lend themselves to some errors even at 40x on 40x media( I have not seen any made in Japan yet where I live…made in Taiwan are not as good IMHO)…I wish I had some 40x Taiyo Yuden rather than CMC …these are generally not good

Also saw a report that Nero and nonIntel system is slower with leadin/out…so I am guessing this is the problem…guy at cdrlabs burner1000000 pointed this out…this very disturbing…always noticed leadin/out times were longer with Nero vc clonecd and winoncd …
Nero with my 24102B never gave an unreadable sector…very strange and worrisome