Cheaper Blu-ray Disc players grasp for consumer attention

Cheaper Blu-ray Disc players grasp for consumer attention.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/11/QItY8K.jpg[/newsimage]Consumers on a budget that still want a standalone Blu-ray player or other consumer electronics should be able to find appropriate deals this Christmas. There are a number of different choices with pricing starting at less than $80 towards $150 for entry-level models that also have a host of different features.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/cheaper-blu-ray-disc-players-grasp-for-consumer-attention-36150/](http://www.myce.com/news/cheaper-blu-ray-disc-players-grasp-for-consumer-attention-36150/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Does anyone even use BD-Live???

Most people just want a DVD player that plays these new fangled “BLUE RAY” DVD’s thingies …

I know my parents struggle with managing more than one remote at a time, and be damned if there’s more than play, stop & pause buttons :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=debro;2554467]Does anyone even use all the BD-Live???[/QUOTE]

Same thought here. As far as I can tell, those who stream movies and TV online will usually end up going for a dedicated streaming player (e.g. Roku) that does a far better job at it.

As far as the disc extras go, I wonder how many people actually watch the extras that come with a DVD or Blu-ray, never mind the BD-Live features on a Blu-ray disc. I’m sure most people would be happy if all the disc contained absolutely nothing extra but the movie. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Seán;2554470]I’m sure most people would be happy if all the disc contained absolutely nothing extra but the movie. :)[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! I don’t give a darn about the extras and behind the scenes stuff. Hell, if I am that interested it can likely be found on YouTube. Most of the extra content on the disc is not in HD quality anyway. Just the movie is fine.

Pretty soon the players will be cheaper than the movies!
Now if they could only include a “Trailer Skip” button to skip past the 45 minutes of Trailers on each and every disk!
BD Live, who cares.

I want Internet connectivity on a Blu-ray player just so that it can support Netflix and other streaming services. BD-Live, don’t care so much.

As luck would have it, I bought a new BD player today.
A Panasonic DMPBD65 for £139 which included 6 BD movies.
It has BD-Live, and VIERA CAST for streaming services.
Most important for me, Picture and sound quality is excellent, and the user interface is dead easy to use.

I suppose if I had waited a few weeks, I would have got it cheaper. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=debro;2554467]Does anyone even use BD-Live???

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its kinda crappy, I would never use it…

What is the best blu-ray player out there?

Buy a Sony BDP-S570. I have the prior gen, the Sony connection, wired or wireless is great. Netflix, Amazon on Demand, Crackle, blip.tv and much more included.