Cheap Verbatims

This store is selling 10 pack spindles of Verbatim 16X DVD-R for 99cents/pack (from 2005, made in Taiwan), price seems really cheap at 10 cents/disc, should I be concerned about something (eg. quality, reliability)?

The cheapest original Verbatim DVD blank media I bought were about 18,5 cents per disc.
For 10 cents/disc I would try a few of the 10 pack spindles. They must not necessarily be fakes. No risk, no fun.:bigsmile:

I burnt 1, it seems OK, so I’m gonna order a whole bunch. :bigsmile:

A great way to tell a genuine Verbie, is by the numbers and letters you’ll find around the centre of the disc.

If you post them here (they’ll be pretty hard to make out) we can have a look. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Graemul;2287115]This store is selling 10 pack spindles of Verbatim 16X DVD-R for 99cents/pack (from 2005, made in Taiwan), price seems really cheap at 10 cents/disc, should I be concerned about something (eg. quality, reliability)?[/QUOTE]
What store? :smiley:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2287513]What store? :D[/QUOTE]

It has to be somewhere other than the states. Ten pack spindles of SL media are rare here.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2287511]A great way to tell a genuine Verbie, is by the numbers and letters you’ll find around the centre of the disc.

If you post them here (they’ll be pretty hard to make out) we can have a look. :)[/QUOTE]

There are two sets, the outer numbers/letters are ZD9906-DVR-J47F4 and the inner ones are 7142E2614-05453E09 etched into clear plastic (really difficult to read.)

[QUOTE=Graemul;2288265]There are two sets, the outer numbers/letters are ZD9906-DVR-J47F4 and the inner ones are 7142E2614-05453E09 etched into clear plastic (really difficult to read.)[/QUOTE]
MIT by Prodisc

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2287513]What store? :D[/QUOTE]

It’s in Canada (i.e. 89 cents US/pack), I think it’s because of a grand opening of a new store location.

http://pccyber.com/ But the promo flyer has been removed. The DVDs are still available at that price though.

thanks just curious