Cheap MP3s

vbimport

I got a 4gb MP3 player no brand from eBay for $20. It was made and shipped from China. It works fine, except the battery lasts about 4 hours. I got FM, no AM, photo view but low res.
I see 4gb ipods going for $89. I dont get why.
Why would you view movies or photos on those small low res LCDs?
I got a silver one, and wrote my cell# and name on it with a sharpie.

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2458123]
Why would you view movies or photos on those small low res LCDs?[/QUOTE]

I’ve always wondered that, but each to his/her own I suppose.

I have an 8gb iPod Nano and just use it for music. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2458123]I see 4gb ipods going for $89. I dont get why. Why would you view movies or photos on those small low res LCDs?
I got a silver one, and wrote my cell# and name on it with a sharpie.[/QUOTE]

Glad you’re happy. One of the key aspects of modern capitalism is market segmentation. You found a product that works for you, while others want what they perceive as better quality, longevity, support, etc., plus the “cool” factor, and they get that from Apple. See? You got what you want, and others get what they want. Everybody’s happy.

As for viewing photos and movies on those small screens, who says that many people do? That is how Apple markets the product. That doesn’t mean that is how people actually use it. It’s just something for Apple to lay claim to as part of the device’s functionality, but it doesn’t mean that the majority of people are buying the product for those features.