Cheap DVD+R Media for NEC3500

vbimport

Staples has a 20 pack teon DVD+R and -R media for $4.99. not a bad price and it takes me about 20 minutes to burn a disc.

I was wondering how I can tell how fast the disc’s are being burned? is there a way to check quality of the image besides looking at the picture?

1. what burner are you using?
  2. what media? teon can be several types use dvdidentifier to get mid codes to post in your reply
  3. what software are you burning with?
  4. no idea what you mean about check quality of the image?

1. what burner are you using?
    NEC3500

2. what media? teon can be several types use dvdidentifier to get mid codes to post in your reply
    TEON DVD+R 8X MADE IN TAIWAN

3. what software are you burning with?
    123COPYDVD

4. no idea what you mean about check quality of the image?
    I hear people mention taiyo yuden is the best media. if there is no way to test the quality of the image then how do you know if paying the extra money is worth the highest quality media. in otherwords how do I know if the image quality is good or bad?

how do I test how fast the discs are being burned?

Yo-

I have two 3500’s and the Ritek 8x -R’s produce very good movie copies - and at a reasonable price for good medias - suggest that you look here for best prices/vendors: www.rima.com or www.newegg.com or www.supermediastore.com

Mike

That doesn’t tell us much.
DVDIdentifier

What speed to you burn those Ritek 8x -R’s at on your 3500a? And do you prefer the Ritek’s over TY from Rima? Just got a 3500a for Christmas, but need to get some media. Thanks!

Yo-

There is hardly any media better than TY - but I have found - for the price point - that the Ritek 8x -R’s give me very good quality movie burns - every time I burn them-

I am to the point that I only use Ritek, TY, Verbatim and Maxell 8x -R’s for both my 3500’s 'cause they have given me the most reliable burns (have thrown coasters with TY 8x +R’s BTW)-

So that is what I am sticking with (and it gives me a pretty good field in which to choose “Sale” medias from - like if I can get Maxell 8x -R’s for $.40 from Office Depot vs. Ritek 8x -R’s from Newegg for $.40 shipped - I am going to get the Maxells!!)-

Happy Holidays-

Mike

my teon + are cmce01 which are not bad and with the right firmware will burn at up to 12x

never used 123 so no idea how to tell

the most you can do for quality checking is nero cdspeed transfer rate. if you have a drive that is compatible (nec is not) you can do so called quality testing for pi/pif (see the scanning forum which is part of the media forum for more details)

The 8x -R from Ritek isn’t exactly bulletproof. I bought Grade A from Meritline and a spool of inkjet pritable from Rima. I had the best results on the 3500A at 8x using G06 8x strat. It actually performed WORSE at 4x no matter what strat /fw I tried (and I tried a lot). ALso stay away from these if you have a liteon.
Even in the ideal case, these discs are not as good as TY and not even as good as Ritek G04 when it comes to Kproble scans. They play OK on my dvd player but who knows about more sensitive players.