Charter Communications - Does not carry all PBS Stations?

I’ve confirmed with my cable carrier - they only carry one PBS station. This seems kinda weird to me because when we had just the free TV with the digital signal, there were four PBS channels. There was 9.1, 9.2 (kids channel), 9.3 The World, and 9.4 was crafts and cooking and such.

Does anyone know why they don’t carry all the PBS channels?

I called today, the customer service guy had no idea about it.

A lot of cable companies only carry the main feed of a channel in their main line-up. Visit this site: http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/ enter your zip-code and you can see what your provider has as Clear QAM (unscrambled) channels. They may have the PBS sub-channels listed there. If they are, you can hook the cable from the wall directly to any fairly modern TV with a digital tuner and after doing a channel scan you will receive them.

LOL I figured it out just minutes before seeing your answer.

I had forgotten, the cord which goes from the Charter HD box is HDMI. The old antennae is still up on the roof, so I can just reconnect the coax. I think no conversion box is needed with this TV.

I spent months wondering about this, but couldn’t turn the corner until I asked the question. Thanks.

[QUOTE=LectricSketti;2669654]I’ve confirmed with my cable carrier - they only carry one PBS station. This seems kinda weird to me because when we had just the free TV with the digital signal, there were four PBS channels. There was 9.1, 9.2 (kids channel), 9.3 The World, and 9.4 was crafts and cooking and such.

Does anyone know why they don’t carry all the PBS channels?

I called today, the customer service guy had no idea about it.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. Charter ticks me off. The only reason to have it is the high speed internet. Otherwise you’re better off with just the digital channels.

They have CoolTV which played music videos and old TV shows awhile ago on the digital free channels, but I don’t know what happened to it now. Guess we don’t get that channel anymore.