Chapters

vbimport

Occasionally I need to just copy certain chapters of a DVD Film.
I cannot find any way of copying just certain chapters using CloneDVD. If I need to copy certain chapters the only way I can do it, is by using DVD Decrypter or Smartripper and then using CloneDVD to copy the chapter. Is it possible with the current and latest version of CloneDVD? If not, is it possible to incorporate this facility in an future version of CloneDVD?
Congratulations to all at Elby for a great piece of software.

I have the same question. Is it possible to burn, say, chapters 4, 7, and 16 without the others? I haven’t tried this, but if you choose “DVD FILES” as your Output Method, perhaps you can then eliminate some of the files and then burn to disc. Will this work?

1. No, it’s not.
  2. As far as I can recall, the question has already been raised many times by now.

Here are the results of an experiment I did.

I took a DVD with a bunch of short titles on it, selected 7 of them in Clone DVD, and chose “DVD Files” as my output. I did not preserve the menus. The VIDEO_TS folder that was created then had a VIDEO_TS.BUP file, a VIDEO_TS.IFO file, and 7 sets of BUP, IFO, and VOB files for the seven titles. I changed the folder name to MASTER_TS so it wouldn’t get overwritten in the following steps, and I deleted the 7 sets of BUP, IFO, and VOB files, leaving only the VIDEO_TS.BUP file and VIDEO_TS.IFO file. The NUMBER of titles you select MUST correspond to the number of chapters you copy in the next step.

One by one I copied 7 chapters from a separate disc – chapters 4, 8, 11, 17, etc… Each time I copied a chapter, it created a VIDEO_TS folder with five files: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, and VTS_01_1.VOB.

After copying the first chapter, I moved the VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, and VTS_01_1.VOB files into the MASTER_TS folder. I did the same for six more chapters, but before I moved them to the MASTER_TS folder, I changed the file names like this: for the second chapter, I named them VTS_02_0.IFO, VTS_02_0.BUP, and VTS_02_1.VOB, and so on for the third through seventh chapter.

After copying the chapters and moving the files, I opened Clone DVD, chose “Write Existing Data,” selected the MASTER_TS folder and burned to disc. Now I have a disc, without menus, that has the seven chapters on it as seven separate titles.

There are two things that are unfortunate about this. My DVD player does not play Title 2 after completing Title 1: I have to select Title 2 in order to play it. Second, when you use clone DVD to copy a chapter, it creates short blank/black spaces for the other chapters rather than eliminating them entirely. This means that there is quite a bit of black screen before and/or after the chapters when you play them. If anyone knows how to remedy these issue, please share.

I haven’t tried it, but it seems very likely that you can use this method to put chapters from multiple DVDs all onto one disc.