Chapters available in Main Movie?

When backing up in Main Movie format is there a way to get chapters in there? I am running the drive through a WD TV HD Media Player and I can watcht eh movies great, but it is all one big chapter. Is there a way to add chapters? Should I be backing up in a different option?

[QUOTE=bwsmith;2292377]When backing up in Main Movie format is there a way to get chapters in there? I am running the drive through a WD TV HD Media Player and I can watcht eh movies great, but it is all one big chapter. Is there a way to add chapters? Should I be backing up in a different option?[/QUOTE]

Every DVD that I have ever did a back up of had chapters no matter which mode I have used, the only time I have lost the muti chapters is when I convert the files to another format to save space.

I had the same thing and that’s one of the reasons I ended up returning it. The chapters are there but there is no way to access them. It plays them like a vhs player. Just burn your movies to a disc and play it on a dvd player you will get the chapters.

Sorry, this isn’t a solution to your problem but this is just one of the the limitations of that player.

If it’s a media player and you’re using DVD-to-Mobile then that’s a limitation of the format. Depending on the player they may make their own “chapter” breaks, but they’re generally evenly spaced rather than meaningful (so you can quickly skip to 30% through the movie but it won’t line up with the DVD’s chapter breaks). Many players will also pick up where they left off on the file if you stop and restart.

Hopefully the next generation formats will include the ability to record bookmarks or chapter breaks as well as better subtitle support, but unfortunately that’s out of DVDFab’s hands :frowning: Still, I find it a lot easier to have a few hundred DVDs on my hard drive that I can stream to any XBox in my house rather than to have to trudge up and down stairs to find the movie I want.

[QUOTE=sneaksone;2292449]I had the same thing and that’s one of the reasons I ended up returning it. The chapters are there but there is no way to access them. It plays them like a vhs player. Just burn your movies to a disc and play it on a dvd player you will get the chapters.

Sorry, this isn’t a solution to your problem but this is just one of the the limitations of that player.[/QUOTE]

That explains it. Thanks.