Changing the audio of my video files

Hello smart people :slight_smile:

I’m editing a video in sony vegas pro 8, and I found that when I upload avi clips, it takes literaly hours when the audio is AC3 and only a few minutes when it’s MPEG-3 (btw am I right that’s the same as mp3…?).

so I googled a bit and I think it’s best to convert the ac3 files. Only problem: I have no idea how…

please help! thanks

What is your final output format? DVD? I don’t use SV Pro8, so details please…

You could convert your AC3 to mp3, however If i were doing it, I’d extract the ac3 audio to wav with VirtualdubMod and then use something like DaudioK or Belight, etc to convert to mp3…But ,again what is the final format?
You could also use avidemux to do it all or, convert audio only …

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2223540]What is your final output format? DVD? I don’t use SV Pro8, so details please…

You could convert your AC3 to mp3, however If i were doing it, I’d extract the ac3 audio to wav with VirtualdubMod and then use something like DaudioK or Belight, etc to convert to mp3…But ,again what is the final format?
You could also use avidemux to do it all or, convert audio only …[/QUOTE]

Well… you can basically render in to any format you like with sony vegas, but I’d like it to have dvd quality… Is that enough info? (i really am a stupid newbie…)

do you have some links where I can get VirtualdubMod etc?

thanks for answering!

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VirtualdubMOD

For AVI>DVD, you could try AVStoDVD,FAVC,ConvertxtoDVD… much easier for you (noob), IMO…:wink:

[QUOTE=dutchie88;2223523]Hello smart people :slight_smile:

I’m editing a video in sony vegas pro 8, and I found that when I upload avi clips, it takes literaly hours when the audio is AC3 and only a few minutes when it’s MPEG-3 (btw am I right that’s the same as mp3…?).

so I googled a bit and I think it’s best to convert the ac3 files. Only problem: I have no idea how…

please help! thanks[/QUOTE]

mp3 is mpeg1 layer 3, not “mpeg3” which doesnt even exist!