Changing hard drives

vbimport

hi guys,
is it possible to change a 1tb internal hard drive and make it my local c drive, and make my local c drive a storage drive???
If so could someone explain how to do this please.

It is possible but a bit tricky.

The easiest way I know is to use a software like Acronis True Image. This software has the option to migrate the C: drive on a new hard disk, so first of all you have to clone the C: drive to the new 1TB disk.

Once everything is done, you can remove the old C: drive and replace it with the 1 TB drive.

Finally, you can reuse the old drive as you like :slight_smile:

Yes, but why would you do that?

because my local drive is nearly full due to the amount of music i have put on itunes

If the problem is only a full disk, is way easier to move all itunes data on the new disk.

Usually is better to keep data separated from operative system :slight_smile:

Unless the old C: disk is a lot slower than the new HDD, then is better to leave the operative system in the old disk and move data on the other disk :iagree:

[QUOTE=iccows;2571529]hi guys,
is it possible to change a 1tb internal hard drive and make it my local c drive, and make my local c drive a storage drive???
If so could someone explain how to do this please.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with the posters on here just move the files from your c drive to the 1tb drive and use that for storage cause if the 1tb crash cause of O/S or malware infection your up the creek with all those music files gone. I just use the c drive for the O/S and running software but never store my data or files on there I use the extra larger hard drives for that purpose. I have a small 160G main hard drive and 2-500G, 2-1tb, 1-2tb and all those hold my new and old data files from since I first go my PC up til 2011. So if I were you use the 1tb as the storage drive and your c: drive as the O/S and software install running drive only. It will save you alot of headache if the main crashes but your data is safe on the other drives.

thank you very much guys for all your advice.