Changing formats

I have about 33 songs that I would like to have on the same cd. I am told that there is a way to change the format on my windows media player so that all 33 songs will burn onto one cd disc. Is this possible? If so, can someone walk me through it?

What is the TOTAL playtime length of them?

windows media player shows 7 hours

And the total size?
In which format are they, wave, mp3…?

all of theses songs are in mp3 format. i’ve created a burn list, but the way it is set up now, it will use three cds with about 9 minutes left on the last one.

Hold on- after rechecking i notice that theses 33 songs are in fact 2.4 hours in length.

Fits to 3 CDDA or just put them on a DVD. :wink:

What version is your WMP ?
Mine is 11 & if it will burn the .mp3’s you need to burn them as Data CD not Audio CD.
What do you intend to play the .mp3’s on after you burn them ?

[QUOTE=chef;2280293]Fits to 3 CDDA or just put them on a DVD. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just shows to go you what a ‘true newbie’ I actually am! Was totally unaware that a dvd disc could be used. Are ther any hitches I should know about in order to make this possible? Will playback normal?

[QUOTE=cholla;2280297]What version is your WMP ?
Mine is 11 & if it will burn the .mp3’s you need to burn them as Data CD not Audio CD.
What do you intend to play the .mp3’s on after you burn them ?[/QUOTE]

I too am using version 11. Will you tell me, please, how I change the burn from audio to data? Seems i’m overlooking something.

There is a lot more to using a dvd disc .The unit you play the disc on has to be able to play it.
Even with a CD -R if you are going to play the disc on a unit other than your computer.That unit has to have the capability to play a CD -R with mp3’s on it.
I will see if WMP11 will burn some mp3’s to a CD RW .I’ve never use WMP to do this so I don’t know for sure that it will.
I have put 7 albums of .mp3 on a CD -R though with other burning software.

Just make a DATA DVD and put all mp3 on it. :wink:

@ chef: That will work if what baggman intends to play it on will play mp3’s from a DVD.
For instance if he is going to use an old boom box neither DVD or CD with .mp3 is going to work

[QUOTE=chef;2280309]Just make a DATA DVD and put all mp3 on it. ;)[/QUOTE]

will i be able to playback on cd player?

DVDS won’t work on a plain cd player, no. Wrong frequency laser.

[QUOTE=baggman;2280322]will i be able to playback on cd player?[/QUOTE]

No, because its a DVD.
On a cd player normally CDDA / audioCD works, on newer ones mp3 (on CD) does work too, of course.

[QUOTE=cholla;2280318]@ chef: That will work if what baggman intends to play it on will play mp3’s from a DVD.
For instance if he is going to use an old boom box neither DVD or CD with .mp3 is going to work[/QUOTE]

have cd player in car that plays mp3 format; which is why i want all the songs on one cd. taking a trip and i don’t really like to keep changing cds while driving.

I would say probably not.
Some newer ones might .I would say to check the manual but most of the time they have too little info.
Best way is to burn & test to see.
I have made a DVD disc with mp3’s .
It will play on my car DVD player.
A CD -R with mp3s does play on my car DVD player & A friends car CD player.It still depends on if your particular car CD player will play a CD in this format.

Try it out, seems to be the best.

[QUOTE=cholla;2280308]There is a lot more to using a dvd disc .The unit you play the disc on has to be able to play it.
Even with a CD -R if you are going to play the disc on a unit other than your computer.That unit has to have the capability to play a CD -R with mp3’s on it.
I will see if WMP11 will burn some mp3’s to a CD RW .I’ve never use WMP to do this so I don’t know for sure that it will.
I have put 7 albums of .mp3 on a CD -R though with other burning software.[/QUOTE]

I would like to put a collection like that together also. What other burning software can be use to make this happen for me?