Changing file names after converting with convertxtodvd

vbimport

Is there a way to put file names back in after convertxtodvd has converted files. Here is why I ask. When I convert (without burning) several files with convertxtodvd it places all converted files in to a video TS folder. The name of the folder is the first file that was converted. However all the vob files inside the folder (which are actually all the other files that were converted) no longer carry the name of the original file. They all are named vts. Is there a way to rename those files back to the original names? If I change them inside the folder then convertxtodvd does not recognize them as vob files.

You can change the name of the parent folder that ConvertX writes but not the VIDEO_TS folder or anything in it. The file names there are standard for DVD.

Thanks for another reply. So obviously it is better to burn straight after the conversion. If I convert files seperately then I can only burn 1 to a disc. Waste a lot of discs that way. So if convertxtodvd cannot burn the files after converting to DVD do you know of any program that does this? In essence I would then need to burn multiple DVD files to one disc.

Thanks for another reply. So obviously it is better to burn straight after the conversion. If I convert files seperately then I can only burn 1 to a disc. Waste a lot of discs that way. So if convertxtodvd cannot burn the files after converting to DVD do you know of any program that does this? In essence I would then need to burn multiple DVD files to one disc.

Maybe more explanation of what happens is needed. ConvertX writes a folder to your hard drive that has the same name as your first input file (you can change names of input files in the asset window before conversion if needed). It also writes a VIDEO_TS folder inside that one that is required by DVD standards. The VIDEO_TS folder contains VOB files that contain all video and audio content, IFO files that give a player playback info, and BAK files that are backups of the IFOs. The VIDEO_TS folder and its contents need to remain as written to comply with DVD standards.

There is a set of files in VIDEO_TS for each title in your production, i.e., each of your input files. There is also a set that defines your menu and general playback. The menu will have an entry for each of your input files; remember you can change the names before conversion.

I prefer to convert to the hard drive first. Then I double click the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder to play the production on my PC. Then I can burn to disc if all seems good. To do that, click Action/Burn DVD on ConvertX’s menu and select the folder containing the movie you want to burn. All of your titles (input files) will then be burned to the same disc.

The files are named that way because that is the DVD standard - you can’t just change the names or else your disc won’t play properly. If you want to put multiple files on one disc, then you need to convert them all in the same batch. In this case you would enable the menu and disable consecutive playback. You change the menu titles before conversion, and then you can choose what titles to play when you load the disc up.