Changing dvd drive

vbimport

Hi
Have any of you ever tryed or have any experince with changing the dirve in your standalone dvd with a pc dvd drive, just because all of my copy’s play on my pc but not on stanalone dvd.

You would be cheaper and quicker buying a new standalone
You cant change them over anyway …

A standalone DVD Player doesnt have a drive to speak of the whole unit is a drive and would not be possible without much stuffing around. What I would suggest is if your Graphics card has a TV out, hook it up to your TV and play movies from there. How are you creating your backups? There are only a few reasons why they wouldnt work on your standalone, maybe we can sort that out.

Or what Dallshead said, boy your quick.

The only reason I ask is because I took the cover of my old dvd yesterday because my son had pushed a disc in to it, and I notished that the cable connection were all the same as a normal pc dvd drive. In the past with all the confusion about ± media and my old drive stugling with playing any copyes at all I thought that maybe it would be possible to swop the drive with an old pc drive that always have been able to read all of my copy’s.

Ulha
Ps thanks for the quick reply

The only reason I ask is because I took the cover of my old dvd yesterday because my son had pushed a disc in to it, and I notished that the cable connection were all the same as a normal pc dvd drive.

Hmm… could you possibly get a photo of the connections and also the exact make and model of this DVD player?

Hi Mr Brownstone
I will try to post some pic on this tread. I dont know if that is possible since I am quite new to this forum.
Or will it be better if I mail you the pic privatly.

Regards ulha

mail it to me also or just upload it here

Sorry but I dont know how to upload the pic here.

ulha

when my dvd player goes on the blink i will rip it appart and see if i can install dvd player from a pc as i have some lying arround.

I don’t know if this is true or not but i was told that if you buy a cheap dvd player from the likes of Tesco it will play any cd/dvd, you make on your computer. but if you buy a well known one like Sony or Panasonic they won’t play cd that you make on a computer because the also make the music/film cd.s/dvd’s

that sounds stupid don’t it.

p.s. my ones from Tesco and it plays everthing.

Yes I know your are right but jus out of interest, what else would you do with all of your old dvd players. i cant keep shipping them to the skip.

ulha

Hope the pic works now

ulha

Ulha said: what else would you do with all of your old dvd players. i cant keep shipping them to the skip

My local council has a collection scheme for stuff like this, or you can deliver take them to the place yourself, or at least you could the last time i tried.