Changed HD from ide to sata & back now nothing will read the vob/bup files

I am not a newbie. Been using Nero, clone, shrink, decryptor, DVD43 ect. I switched hard drived from an ide to a sata(to reformat the sata, not my drive), now I put my ide’s back in and nothing will read the vob/bup files. also some picture’s (jpeg ect) are blank too. I’ve changed every setting’s in the bios back and forth twice. I’ve tried installing trials of other dvd burners and readers no luck. I also tried removing the battery out of mother board and formating another ide to linux and back to windows, I get the same results. Watching files appear in hard drive everything is fine until decryptor, clone, shrink filalized and then certain files (vob/bup) are blank and nothing will open or make the files correct (like a missing codec). I tried switching mobo’s setting to ide from sata. I’m confused and 4 days into the haystack, no luck finding the needle, Any suggestions. :confused:

Not Quite sure on what you did or tried to do!----But did you put an IDE Patta Drive onto a SATTA Drive conection…If So…It Won’t Work…You Can’t use a IDE Drive on a SATA conection n vise versa…They gota be on their own cables…UNLESS of course you put them into an EXTERNAL HD Case that lets an IDE work as a SATA…Doing that, you’ll stil get problems trying to do what you did…
Only way I know of Cleaning a Hard Disc Completetly is through F-DISK…
If you are NOT touching your OS Drive and you want to clean another drive like D:/E:/F: etc then you can do that via Windows XP…

Her’s the rest of the scoupe. I have sata and ide on my mother board. I unplugged the 40 pin to my HD and plugged a sata with its connector into the board & reformatted and re-installed xp in it, all internal drives. I plugged my HD back in and now I have this problem. I tried annother HD after formatting and re-installing win xp, same problem. I’ve never had this problem. I have tried about 6-8 other burning programs, just checking movie file, no luck. My HD/board/components was fine, before I installed the sata to reformat. I’ve has no internet connection on this cpu, no problems or bugs for 2yrs. the vob/bup files are just blank pages about 20% of them in a movie file.