Change Song Order in Nero 7 Express

vbimport

Does anyone here remember how to use Nero Express from Nero 7 to burn a CD?

I’ve got a little hand-me-down laptop that had Nero 7 installed on it.

When I click on the Nero icon I end up in something called Nero Smart Start. From there I selected Audio and then “Make Audio CD”

I can’t figure out how to change the order of the songs. The song order seems to be determined by the order in which I add them. The only way I’ve been able to change the order is to “cut” a song and then “paste” it and it will then re-appear at the bottom of the song list.

Dragging and dropping doesn’t work.

P.S. Maybe it’s finally time I give up on Nero and try to learn how to use ImgBurn.

I’m going to install it and take it for a test drive.

I’m not sure ImgBurn is the best program for making audio cds. I recommend it for most anything else, except audio cds or multisession burns.

I’ve used it for cds, by making cue files. Look in Tools–>Create Cue File. Use your audio files as input for making the cue file.

A lot of people seem to like burrrn for making audio cds, but it has been a very long time since I tried it.

Thanks for that info, Kerry56.

I guess what I should be asking for is a recommendation for a simple, easy to use program for creating music CDs from wav files.

A couple of years ago I used Nero to create a “mixtape” type CD and seem to recall that I had to rename each track by putting a track number at the beginning of the track title to get the tracks into the order I wanted. That was so tedious a project that I gave up on making “mixtape” music CDs until this year when I thought I’d give it another try.

The ideal software would allow me to drag and drop wav files into a list, re-order the list by dragging and dropping the tracks up or down the list, show me how much room I have left to add new songs, normalize the volume, and then burn the CD.

I’m not in very good health these days: I have memory problems, trouble understanding what I read, trouble sitting up for very long, my eyesight is failing, and I’m plagued by chronic pain; so I need a program that is really simple and easy to use.

I’m on a small fixed income, so, of course, I’d prefer a free program. But music is so important to me, and I probably don’t have that many years left, so this is one of the few times that I would be willing to dip into the cookie jar to buy a program that meets my needs.

We have a lot of members around here who are better versed in audio than I am, and they will eventually show up to advise you if there are some better choices for you . Burrrn is free to use though, if you’d like to try it.

Thanks again, Kerry56,

I’ve downloaded Burrrn and plan to give it a try today.

It looks like it might be just what the doctor order for this old duffer.

Agree with Kerry56 (redundant, I know) burrrn is a nice free little app that’ll create/burn an Audio CD from your wavs…Simply drag n drop your selected tracks and move around in the order you prefer…
Good luck!..

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2563351]Agree with Kerry56 (redundant, I know) burrrn is a nice free little app that’ll create/burn an Audio CD from your wavs…Simply drag n drop your selected tracks and move around in the order you prefer…
Good luck!..[/QUOTE]

Hi t0nee1!

I’m having trouble with Burrrn, so maybe I should start a new thread.