Change net connection, maybe

vbimport

Hi all and welcome Susan!
I had a Rallink set up and this was easier, but… anyway… I have an AT&T account with 3MBPS (it really stinks) The other day they announced web service would be open to the tenants. I’m retired and this would be a real savings. I have the max AT&T has to offer, here. At the moment it’s difficult to download and watch a Amazon movie, just about impossible.
On to the question, how do I temporarily try their connection before dumping AT&T? With Ralink I just added their code and off we went. I’m concerned they arn’nt going to have a better connection and I’ll have to stick with what I have. So, has anyone got a tutorial on the switch? “Internet Properties” and set up 2nd connection?
Sorry for the monologue.
Happy Holidays to all. Next year is going to be great.

I assume it will be wireless, so if your usual connection is wired, then unplug it or turn off the modem - then set up the wireless connection.

If your current system does not have wireless, then you need a USB wifi adapter.

How well the shared connection will work, depends on the capacity and usage - if there are many heavy users, it will slow down.

[QUOTE=skoville;2743982]Hi all and welcome Susan!
I had a Rallink set up and this was easier, but… anyway… I have an AT&T account with 3MBPS (it really stinks) The other day they announced web service would be open to the tenants. I’m retired and this would be a real savings. I have the max AT&T has to offer, here. At the moment it’s difficult to download and watch a Amazon movie, just about impossible.
On to the question, how do I temporarily try their connection before dumping AT&T? With Ralink I just added their code and off we went. I’m concerned they arn’nt going to have a better connection and I’ll have to stick with what I have. So, has anyone got a tutorial on the switch? “Internet Properties” and set up 2nd connection?
Sorry for the monologue.
Happy Holidays to all. Next year is going to be great.[/QUOTE]

What kinda connections setup is it with At$t right now? And how do you connect to Rallik? We need these specs/connections data to know what setup will be like?

Wow. I just got the notice of answers here.
Can’t fool with this now, have problems with new set up and waiting for RMA Gigabyte board.
Thanks.

Matth & CC,

How well the shared connection will work, depends on the capacity and usage - if there are many heavy users, it will slow down.

Yes I know it’s not going to be as good as it is now but I need to save some dough. Costly repairs and upgrades.
I no longer have the Ralink card. I’m using the AT&T wireless router. If I bring up the “Connect to a network” list there’s only the one I’m using and “Broadband Connection”. No list. If I try to “Set up a Network” to search, it remains blank. I’m guessing I need to get a Internet card but don’t want to jump the gun if it’s a router setting.
Using my old equipment but wouldn’t think it would matter. Any ideas greatly appreciated.