Change book type with LG GSA-4120B

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4120B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi everyone. I want to burn a dvd dl image of a ps2 game, but I can’t set the book type with dvd decrypter (it says Unknown Failed!). I’ve tried also with img burner, but it’s the same.

Here http://club.cdfreaks.com/1648696-post30.html I’ve read that my lg should support book typing, but I can’t change it. My firmware is A102, is it important?

How can I set the book type? Thanks

Hi,

normally, the drive should set the book type automagically without any user interaction in the burning software. Have you checked with Nero CD/DVD Speed after burning?

Michael

You mean that I had to try to burn even if I can’t change the book type, and it will be changed automatically?
Unfortunately I have an older version of Nero 6 that doesn’t support changing the book type, but I think it’s the same…

Ok, maybe I didn’t explain myself well…I want to set the book type to dvd-rom, not to dvd dl.

Hi,[quote=kuabba82;2132708]You mean that I had to try to burn even if I can’t change the book type, and it will be changed automatically?[/quote]Yes.

Unfortunately I have an older version of Nero 6 that doesn’t support changing the book type, but I think it’s the same…
I am using Nero 6.6 and don’t have any problems with that. Admitted, my LG burner is a 4163. With that drive, I can’t set the booktype manually either.
Instead of Nero, you can use Imgburn, which also supports bitsetting (and has much better DL media handling).

Ok, maybe I didn’t explain myself well…I want to set the book type to dvd-rom, not to dvd dl.
I didn’t expect anything else :slight_smile:

Michael

Ok, I tried to update the firmware from A102 to A116 and it works now. I suggest you to modify the FAQ about this because not all fimwares of this burner allow to change book type.

Ok i will do that.

Thanks.