Change book type not working in DVD Decrypter

Hey everyone. I’m using DVD Decrypter to try and back up an xbox game. For Jade Empire it requires a DVD9. I’ve tried backing up JE on a verbatim and a memorex DVD9. When playing them back I have trouble either loading the disc, I get audio out of sync, or the disc just runs very choppy. ANyways I read in some forums that you had to change the booktype in DVD Decrypter. In the newest version I went to Tools > Drive > Change Book type and under the Liteon tab I selected “CHange for Drive (For DVD+R/+R DL Media)” and change dthe setting to DVD-Rom. So right after doing that and before starting the burning process this is what I got for a description:

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BS0S (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 4,173,824
Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes
Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD+R DL Boundary Information:
L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912
Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01
Book Type: DVD+R DL <---- shouldn’t this say DVD-Rom if I changed it?
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

When I was done burning and left the disc in the drive DVD Decrypter still said the book type was DVD+R DL. Does this mean it’s not letting me change the book type? If that’s the case what can I do in order to change the BT?

I was trying to find out some info in these forums and someone said something about Nvidia drivers causing problems. I have a Geforce Ti 4600 card with nvidia drivers installed. Also, I downloaded this omnipatcher thing that was mentioned. I just don’t know what the hell it’s for :slight_smile: I already downloaded the 1633S.BS0S.stock.rar from Codeguys and upgarded to this FW. If I ran this FW through the omnipatcher and enabled the auto bit setting option, could I then flash this patched FW to my Liteon and will it allow me to change the book type? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

No. If unsure query the Book type again. If it says DVD-ROM, you’re right to go!
Place disc that is already burnt with DVD-ROM book type. Look in the Last Recorded section. If burn has DVD-ROM book type, it will say it here.
I have ALWAYS used NVidia drivers on ALL my PC’s. I have nForce2 Mobo using nForce v5.10 Unified driver and GeForce Ti4200 using NVidia GeForce v71.89. Never had any problems burning with my 4 Lite-Ons (52327S,5238S,812S@832S,1673S@1693S). Mind you I NEVER use NERO to burn DVDs, only Audio & Data CDs. I use DVD Shrink/Decrypter for DVDs

When I checked the last recorded the book type still said DVD+R DL. When I go into the Liteon tab it allows me to set the book type to DVD-Rom, but then after it says SUCCESS and I click the ok button, I go back to the description in DVD Decrypter and it still says

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01
Book Type: DVD+R DL <----------
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

So is the program not letting me change the book type setting? It doesn’t seem to be. So how am I supposed to be able to change the book type to DVD-Rom??

By the way…I never got a clear explanation on what book type is and why it’s important to change it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

delete the ide channel that your burner is on through device manager, then re-boot so windows installs the defalt ide drivers. nvidia drivers can course problems.

yes

and changing the booktype to dvd-rom will make the disc be seen as a dvd-rom disc not a +R making it more compatable.