Challenge for an IFOEDIT Expert

I have 15 vob’s (from music video dvd files) numbered VTS_01_1 through VTS_01_15. When I create new ifos with IFOEDIT, sometimes it reorders the VTS files – the 4th file might be placed as the 10th file, etc. Once this occurs for a desired ordered set of VTS files, no matter what I do, IFOEDIT seems to have a mind of its own and will not place the files in the correct order. Sometimes as well, it will miss a track in the middle of the batch and produce 1 less chapter than it should. Other times, for a different set of vobs it will work perfectly and in order.

Any ideas?

I think your VOB ID’s are incorrect.

Anyway, with VOBRator you can see what’s in each VOB ID.

With VOBEdit you can join clips based on VOB ID’s, you can read about it in some DVD10-to-DVDR or 2DVDs-to-1DVDR guides.

MrSnake

The vobs are small music video files ripped one at a time with DVDDecrypter. The 15 files referenced total about 3.8G. The strange thing is I use the same numbering scheme for other song mixes and everything works perfectly. IFOEDIT has problems with the order or loses files about half the time, and I can’t figure out the pattern. Sometimes even changing the order of the individual music VTS files will fix the problem – which doesn’t seem to make any sense at all.

Originally posted by MrSnake
[B]I think your VOB ID’s are incorrect.

Anyway, with VOBRator you can see what’s in each VOB ID.

With VOBEdit you can join clips based on VOB ID’s, you can read about it in some DVD10-to-DVDR or 2DVDs-to-1DVDR guides.

MrSnake [/B]

Sorry to intrude, but i noticed, that there are two options,
(one in the pulldown, and one as a button below)
to create IFO’s , when does one, use which ?