CES 2010: Imation Connects TV and PC with Wireless USB

vbimport

I just posted the article CES 2010: Imation Connects TV and PC with Wireless USB.

Finally, Imation has devised a way to watch Web video and play computer games on the big screen without running an HDMI cable between your PC and television.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ces-2010-imation-connects-tv-and-pc-with-wireless-usb-24596/](http://www.myce.com/news/ces-2010-imation-connects-tv-and-pc-with-wireless-usb-24596/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Looks like a shark fin. I’m liking the possibilities for wireless video transmission. Very cool technology.

Any time some hardware seller promises “up to 15MB/sec” transfer speeds from a wireless device, doubt it. Prolly 1/2 that rate on a good day - MAYBE. And 30 ft? 10 ft maybe.

there is a company called x10.com they have a system for $49.00

You do know you can already do wireless video. You can setup displays over a wireless network that can transfer up to 54Mbs because its a regular wireless network. And if your not sure how to set one up your self they make a wireless router device that allows you to plug it into your network and it can have up to 5 displays connected at a time. Then you simply through the network display lets say your desktop on a TV mounted in your living room with no wires.

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2483173]You do know you can already do wireless video. You can setup displays over a wireless network that can transfer up to 54Mbs because its a regular wireless network. And if your not sure how to set one up your self they make a wireless router device that allows you to plug it into your network and it can have up to 5 displays connected at a time. Then you simply through the network display lets say your desktop on a TV mounted in your living room with no wires.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Wireless at 54Mb is usually half that unless it has direct line of sight. It also shares bandwidth with all connected devices, so 5 devices connected will have 11Mb each, max.

Well that depends on how high guilty of a router you get. Plus i don’t tihnk they expect you to need all 5 on at once :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=CDan;2483200]Not really. Wireless at 54Mb is usually half that unless it has direct line of sight. It also shares bandwidth with all connected devices, so 5 devices connected will have 11Mb each, max.[/QUOTE]

Well Dan, then you have also not the plus of UPSCALING with HDMI, with HDMI on both sides you’ll have…

re: there is a company called x10.com they have a system for $49.00

maybe. but no hdmi , means no high resolution and i doubt this tool at that price can transfer video well . lots of info missing . using rca jacks. comon man, befor criticizing , use your brain , or learn about video