Century Disc Archival Gold Review

vbimport

You can find the Review here:

Please feel free to discuss the review in this thread.

Good review, but this media isnt made by MKM, it’s made by Falcon Technologies in UAE with MKM equipment.

Thank you Womi for bringing this up, you are very correct :flower:

[QUOTE=Womi;2175593]Good review, but this media isnt made by MKM, it’s made by Falcon Technologies in UAE with MKM equipment.[/QUOTE]

Nice review.

Thanks for the Good review MegaDETH :slight_smile:

GOLD DVD MID
MBI 01RG40 / MCC 02RG20 / TTH01 any others ?

Very nice, thanks!

Nice review, wouldn’t mind seeing a review of a Verbatim archival gold disc though.

[QUOTE=Womi;2175593]Good review, but this media isnt made by MKM, it’s made by Falcon Technologies in UAE with MKM equipment.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: And made on Unaxis (Oerlikon) lines.

Interesting review of some pretty pricey discs. FTI’s making headway into some really high-quality products.

[quote=burnsama;2175917]gold dvd mid
mbi 01rg40 / mcc 02rg20 / tth01 any others ?[/quote]
MPOMEDIA0080
MBIPG101-r05-01
MXL RG03

AFAIK MAM-E/MAM-A, Mitsui and Gigastorage made some gold DVDR media in the past.

Yeah I’m behind these days, when it comes to reading reviews.
But a few things I thought were not so nice.
So here is the late feedback of the Dutch Jury.:bigsmile:

I would have said things a little different. Because for some folks it’s confusing.

The whole design for this disc is MKM. It’s FTI version of Verbatim/MKM archival gold.
The patented Dual Reflective Layer, The AZO Dye, The Stamper. So I would probably have said something instead of the 3 different points.

• Uses MKM technology (Stamper,dye, Reflectivity layer sollution)

This is a small point.
What is more striking is the sloppy information for each cd/dvd. Suprising that no one else has noticed it. :rolleyes:
[b]EXAMPLE[/B]

It’s not verbatim and it’s not taiwan and manufacturer could be said MKM depending on the definitions of manufacturer. But the taiwan as country and verbatim as brand are just sloppy.

Correct (and overcomplete ) information version should be.

Brand: FALCONMEDIA PRO
Name of the media: Century Disc Archival Gold.
Manufacturer: FTI (Falcon Technologies International )
DYE supplier: MKM
Stamper Supplier: MKM
Made in: UAE. (United Arab Emirates)

See also
http://www.falconrak.com/
Which makes clear that it’s a FTI product not something else !

[QUOTE=evo69;2176136]Interesting review of some pretty pricey discs. FTI’s making headway into some really high-quality products.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how some of their other media performed in some european Land-fill brands I would say that they are making mostly high quality products.

Does anyone have these discs? I am curious to see what the data-side looks like.

Secondly, does anyone know where (if anywhere) I can get these in Europe (Ireland)? RMG products doesn’t ship here it seems and it looks like they only use private carriers (i.e. no postal service), which tend to cost a fortune and be a pain in the backside.

Or would anyone like to split a 25 pack of CDs?

The Data side is an darker green color, like the older DLP Verbatim CD-R’s

Thank you for this information dakhaas, I will make the changes. :flower:

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2183959]Yeah I’m behind these days, when it comes to reading reviews.
But a few things I thought were not so nice.
So here is the late feedback of the Dutch Jury.:bigsmile:

I would have said things a little different. Because for some folks it’s confusing.

The whole design for this disc is MKM. It’s FTI version of Verbatim/MKM archival gold.
The patented Dual Reflective Layer, The AZO Dye, The Stamper. So I would probably have said something instead of the 3 different points.

• Uses MKM technology (Stamper,dye, Reflectivity layer sollution)

This is a small point.
What is more striking is the sloppy information for each cd/dvd. Suprising that no one else has noticed it. :rolleyes:
[b]EXAMPLE[/B]

It’s not verbatim and it’s not taiwan and manufacturer could be said MKM depending on the definitions of manufacturer. But the taiwan as country and verbatim as brand are just sloppy.

Correct (and overcomplete ) information version should be.

Brand: FALCONMEDIA PRO
Name of the media: Century Disc Archival Gold.
Manufacturer: FTI (Falcon Technologies International )
DYE supplier: MKM
Stamper Supplier: MKM
Made in: UAE. (United Arab Emirates)

See also
http://www.falconrak.com/
Which makes clear that it’s a FTI product not something else ![/QUOTE]

These discs will NOT last 100 years. Nothing that uses an organic material will last more than 30 years. I wouldn’t bet much on anything organic.

[QUOTE=flurpo;2269771]Nothing that uses an organic material will last more than 30 years.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I am organic and I’m older than 30 years! :eek:

[QUOTE=flurpo;2269771]I wouldn’t bet much on anything organic.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need to become more self-conscious and more assured of yourself. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=flurpo;2269771]These discs will NOT last 100 years. Nothing that uses an organic material will last more than 30 years. I wouldn’t bet much on anything organic.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t tested those yet, but I agree with you 100% - I think the claims of 100 years+ are theories - probably they COULD last that long under the best, most strict of conditions, there again I would remain skeptical about that unless they are stored in computer controlled environment - I’d say a more realistic number would be 30, for the archival golds - now I’d live with 30 years, let alone 15 - you could always renew your collection before then :smiley:

I do recall RITEK making claims back then of 100-300 years lol.

I’d like to see a RITEK G05 last 100 let alone 10 :smiley:

[QUOTE=greg42;2277458]I’d like to see a RITEK G05 last 100 let alone 10 :D[/QUOTE] Are we talking weeks or months? :wink:

Days :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2277481]Are we talking weeks or months? ;)[/QUOTE]