Censor audio from dvd

Hi, is there an app out there that anyone could recommend to use to censor out some language from a dvd? Just a few seconds here and there… Looked through DVD Remake Pro, DVD Redo, and can’t find any audio editing options there - just video…

(Kids are huge Green Day fans - just got Bullet in a Bible for them. I have to cut out some of the language before their mother hears the concert) :wink:

wow…the longgggg way to do this is to rip the dvd to avi or mpg. then extract the audio portion from the file. then you can open up the audio file for editing, such as blanking out those swears. then join the audio and video portions again, and author yourself a dvd

use VOB2MPEG to rip the dvd to mpeg

use virtualdubmod to extract the audio

use audacity to cleanup the audio

use virtualdubmod to rejoin the audio to the mpeg

use dvdauthor to …author to a dvd

all these proggies are free, and more tuts are at videohelp.com

is there an app out there that anyone could recommend to use to censor out some language from a dvd?

I am not aware of software, but have been using the “TV Guardian” set-top box for several months now; It works off of the CC to censor offensive words & phrases. Works pretty well, not perfect; but, better than nothing.

cheers, katz :slight_smile:

Thank you for the advice guys. :slight_smile:

If I re-author then I would lose the menu, correct? I blanked out a second here and there (both video and audio) last night with TMPGenc and re-authored. I thought that if I just re-named the VOB files to match the original ones that the menu might point to the right spot. It does, but now I have no audio. :frowning: I suppose that is related to the VOB files not being the originals, and the IFO’s not matching them? (Guessing here)

Thanks!

hmmm. I have never re-authored a dvd with original menu, so not too sure now…any other help peeps??

might be an idea to post a new topic over in a different area of this forum with a dvd-author-sound-prob…

or goto videohelp.com, they are the real pros at this