Cendyne 00118

I bought this thinking it was a reboxed liteon. It is a 48x12x48.
System properties show it as a 48x12x50.
I’ve tried to update the firmware. Cendyne’s website has an update.
When I try to execute the update it displays a warning that the update it for a LTR-48125W. Then it tells me I don’t have it.

Where can I get an updat for my burner, and does anyone know exactly what burner it is?

Originally posted by sbitner
[B]I bought this thinking it was a reboxed liteon. It is a 48x12x48.
System properties show it as a 48x12x50.
I’ve tried to update the firmware. Cendyne’s website has an update.
When I try to execute the update it displays a warning that the update it for a LTR-48125W. Then it tells me I don’t have it.

Where can I get an updat for my burner, and does anyone know exactly what burner it is? [/B]
If the drive is a Lite-On, when you look in Device Manager under CDROM it should list the drive as “LTR-48125W”. Also, on the features label on the back of the box, it should say at the bottom “LTR48125”. Most of the Cendyne 48x12x48 drives I’ve seen are Lite-Ons, but it is possible that some of them were made by other manufacturers. If you can return it, you might want to, and try to get one that specifically lists a Lite-On model number on the label on back of the package. (Some people have even reported receiving the newer Lite-On 48126W which can be updated to 52x24x52 in the Cendyne package)

thanks