Cell phone choices/options - what would you pick

vbimport

HTC said they did a poll and that people prefer thinner lighter phones to long battery life. I know I never gave my input to that, and I’m not thrilled with new phones coming out which don’t allow you to replace the battery, nor do they have a slot for a micro sdhc card for expanded memory.
There is also dissention whether cell phone screens need to be bigger than 4".

What would you want if it was available and they all were around the same price.

I’m still using my 8 year old Sendo M550 phone.

Small, light & 2.5 weeks between charges. :cool:

It will be nice if a cellphone could return to be only a cellphone :bigsmile:

Nowadays devices are everything but a cellphone… large things difficult keep in hand, battery duration shorter (a very annoying thing in my opinion), internet connectivity all the time (who knows what information are sent???).

Another very annoying thing is that there is a lot of useless things pre-installed and often you can’t get rid of that :doh:

Another thing I don’t like at all is the touchscreen… too complicated, often with slow responsiveness (unless you buy a very costly model). I still prefer to use a keyboard.

About the screen size, it is certainly nice to have a large display, mostly for people with hypermetropia, but the only way to do this is remove the keyboard… did I mention that I hate touchscreen? :bigsmile:

I just have a simple Nokia without even a camera & that’s what I want.

The new upcoming galaxy s3 is rumored to have everything as listed in option 5 in my poll. If it comes out that way, it would be my next phone of choice. If not, im looking at the galaxy note. It is a must for me to have replacable battery and expandable memory. I will also root my next phone to eliminate all the garbage they come with

The poll leaves out a “None of the above” choice .

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2631939]The new upcoming galaxy s3 is rumored to have everything as listed in option 5 in my poll. If it comes out that way, it would be my next phone of choice. If not, im looking at the galaxy note. It is a must for me to have replacable battery and expandable memory. I will also root my next phone to eliminate all the garbage they come with[/QUOTE]

I’d get the Galaxy Note, but it’s made by Samsung. They, along with LG, are horrible at providing timely updates, and when they do, they introduce more bugs than are fixed.

Choice no5, Samsung Galaxy Note, that’s the one I have and I LOVE IT!

[QUOTE=geno888;2631928]It will be nice if a cellphone could return to be only a cellphone :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]What is the problem? Real phones are still available. And they are inexpensive. :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2632042]What is the problem? Real phones are still available. And they are inexpensive. :slight_smile:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Indeed I have this one :bigsmile:

Some people here must be still using their IBM ps2’s

none of the above
it works every time and has never been hacked

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2632173]Some people here must be still using their IBM ps2’s[/QUOTE]
it kinda depens what you want to do with it and how much you are willing to pay. I am willing to pay next to nothing for mobile phones, because i don’t need all those features. I like the features, but i’m not paying for them.

I wouldn’t mind getting an iphone or a samsung galaxy, but i’m not paying for it. So therefore i have this old HTC with Windows Mobile 6 on it. The phone before that (which i still have) could only do crappy java.

Gizmodo says the HTC One X is the current “best”.

I´m totally happy with my Samsung Galaxy Mk1, so can easily wait for the Galaxy 3 or 4 or maybe 5 before needing to update/upgrade…!

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2633062]Gizmodo says the HTC One X is the current “best”.

I´m totally happy with my Samsung Galaxy Mk1, so can easily wait for the Galaxy 3 or 4 or maybe 5 before needing to update/upgrade…!

:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Wanting to upgrade soon, not sure when or what to get. Maybe the evo lte from Sprint.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2633098]Wanting to upgrade soon, not sure when or what to get. Maybe the evo lte from Sprint.[/QUOTE]
Current king of them all seems to be the galaxy s3.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2633173]Current king of them all seems to be the galaxy s3.[/QUOTE]

Not a fan at all of Samsung phones. If I can wait until my upgrade is due then I’ll have a better idea of what is the better phone though.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2633173]Current king of them all seems to be the galaxy s3.[/QUOTE]

Galaxy S III is as disappointing as the latest iPad. It has the same display resolution as LG Optimus LTE phone I bought six months ago. Samsung Electronics made over 5 billion net profits (in USD) during the first quarter of this year though. Some years ago, over half of Samsung’s profits came from DRAM chips. Now, just as Apple makes more profits out of iPhone handsets than all those successors of Lisa and Macintosh combined, Samsung’s making more from Android phones than TV sets and DRAM chips combined. Major analysts all seem to predict larger profits and growing market share for both, but differences among manufacturers in terms of quality and specification are getting more and more negligible. But again, it will be contents and applications that matter in the long run, which is why Microsoft is trying to integrate their Windows desktop ecosystem and Windows Phone mobile ecosystem and invest some six hundred million dollars in Barnes & Noble’s Nook eBook business. Meanwhile, none of the hundreds of Galaxy Note and iPad users I personally know in South Korea ever reads what I would call book regularly, not even the New York Times. Samsung makes major business decisions by consensus, or public opinion that are often determined by local politics and policies of the times. It will continue to grow to be an important hardware company, but that’s also exactly what Foxconn and other Greater Chinese manufacturers are going to become. Foxconn already employs about 1.2 million selling about 10 billion dollars worth electronics each month, but its brand value is not as great as Samsung yet.