Celine Dion

vbimport

I found out today that the New Celine dion Album cant be played on the pc...i wasnt upset as i dont like her but you know are all cd's going to be like that and can you still copy them?

If it’s up to the record industry all cds are going to be protected like that. Cock suckers! :Z

I’ve read in some other thread that a few (Toshiba?) DVD-rom players can handle these protected cds.
You can also copy it with CloneCD and then play it.

must you use such harsh language?
How would you feel it when it was your money the people were stealing? I’d try to protect my money as well.

But so far there hasn’t been a protections that could not be circumvented…for backup purposes of course.

Where LiteOn is known for its capabilities to backup SafeDisc protected games, Plextor is known for its capabilities to backup protected audio cds. You can read more in the Plextor and CloneCD forums. Feurio and ExactAudioCopy are very capable programs as well.

The purpose of the companies is not to make it impossible (they too know that it is impossible), but to make it as hard as possible. When they can prevent the average Joe to make illegal copies, they can limit the damage considerably…

My problem with the record industry is that you have to pay more and more for a product that you can do less with.

And the protection schemes used can cause trouble:
-There have been reports that protected audio cds can’t be played in certain cd-walkmans, car stereo systems, even some DVD-players.

You buy it, you own it. It’s the same as if a car manufacturer would tell me: “You are allowed to drive your car in France, but not in Spain.”
If I buy a cd, I want to play it in my car, my pc, my walkman, my stereo. And if I feel like it, I’ll use it as a frisbee.

By the way, I always buy my cds in the store. And if find a protected one, its going straight back.

Bizzness is taking over politics. Too bad people (mostly) don’t react, but what could we expect. Almost everyone has been made braindead by the media.

What kind of protection is used on Celine’s A NEw Day Has Come album? I can ‘backup’ amost everything, but this CD just won’t let me. The led keep flashing but nothing works so far. CloneCD can’t even scan the CD! Is my drive gone to h*ll or what is going on here?

suomynona
-don’t take the short way to heaven

Copy protection is a funny thing.

Some people, companies, goverment bodies say that the use of copy protection reduces piracy. Then quite often these same people state how piracy is increasing and increasing and how losses are getting higher and higher, despite making more money than ever before :confused:

Well which is it then? Does copy protection reduce piracy, increase piracy or do nothing at all?

Bloody confusing if you ask me…

Originally posted by suomynona
[B]What kind of protection is used on Celine’s A NEw Day Has Come album? I can ‘backup’ amost everything, but this CD just won’t let me. The led keep flashing but nothing works so far. CloneCD can’t even scan the CD! Is my drive gone to h*ll or what is going on here?

suomynona
-don’t take the short way to heaven [/B]

Well, it appears you have used the search to come up with this thread, the answer to your question has been stated before on this forum and could have been found using the same search:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=44380

It is Key2Audio protection.

Read the sticky thread which is found at the top of the threadlisting of this forum! With the information in there you can determine which protection is used yourself. You should always determine the protection yourself, you can’t always rely on other people’s findings, because protections differ from continent to continent, from country to country, from cd-pressing batch to cd-pressing batch! There are also some usefull tips for backing up your protected audio cd.

:smiley:

Celine Dion? Surely the name is protection enough why not make it illegal to sell? Rant against souless muzac over . . .

Oh and if a CD comes with copy protection shouldn’t there be a warning somewhere about possible problems with playing it on certain systems e.g. PC CD-ROM’s?:a

Celion Dion’s CD is no longer a problem. So, my Samsung can’t read the CD, but the LiteOn can :slight_smile: I’ve setup CloneCD to read from the LiteOn and burn it with the Samsung :wink:

Used reader/writer combo:
LiteOn LTN526 (Revision YH0J)
SamSung SW-216B (Revision Q001)

I’ve used the settings from this link:
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_key2audio.shtml

Used software:
ClonyXXL (version 2.0.0.6)
CloneCD (version 4.0.1.6)