CDVD says there is not enough room to write

I just tried backing up my first DVD, and everything went fine until CloneDVD went to write to my DL DVD. It said the selected media did not have enough space. The total size for the VIDEO_TS folder was 7.2 GB, well under the DVD-9 spec. I ended up just using another piece of software (CopyToDVD) to burn the disc, but really want to do it all in CloneDVD.

Any idea why it was saying this and will not allow me to burn the DL DVD+R??

Thanks,
Tim

Are you sure your burner supports double-layer [U]burning[/U]?

Timoteo -

The problem you are reporting is the “Classic Problem” when poor quality blank DL Media is used.

At this time the only the only DL Media that consistently provides quality error free results is Verbatim MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

Also it is important to ensure that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the most current newest up to date Firmware available installed.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks to both of you, but I have been burning DL media since it came out. I only use Verbatim. I wish that was the issue, but considering I can burn it with every other piece of DL-capable software, it seems strange that only CloneDVD has this problem.

-Tim

timeteo: What version of CloneDVD are you using?

Just wondering: I know you said you used Verbatim DL but was CloneDVD set for that media - could it have been set to DVD-5?

Timoteo –

To prevent any confusion state the Version Number of CloneDVD software program you are using.

Some time ago the SlySoft Technical Staff explained that the CloneDVD2 Burning Engine was unique in the manner in which it quarried the DVD Burner Firmware and the blank DVD Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) in an effort to ensure quality error free burning results. This unique quarrying procedure explains why CloneDVD2 burning results are different than other DVD burning software programs.

Perchance did you notice my comments concerning DVD Burner Firmware?

Best Regards,
bjkg