CDSpeed Overburn Test Question

vbimport

I have a Teac CD-W540E and I was trying to use the overburn test in CDSpeed to find out what the maximum capacity was on my 80min. CD-R. I left the test capacity setting at the default 89:57.74 and had RAW unchecked. My problem was that after reaching about 104%, the light on my CD-RW drive stayed on like it was still testing the CD, but CDSpeed froze. I waited about 2 minutes, but nothing happened. The only way I could eject the CD was to reboot my computer.

Did I do something wrong? If so, how can I determine the maximum capacity of my CD-R media? Thanks!

OK…I fixed my problem. I just had to reduce my writing speed to 24X (I’m using 16X certified media). Now to the next question. CDSpeed reported that my 80min. media can burn 89:57.74 with no errors. Is this common?

Could be . depends on the brand of the cd.

Could we get an identification of the cd media ?

Here it is:

ATIP: 97m 26s 66f
Disc Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corp.
Recording Layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocynine)
Media Type: CD-Recordable
Nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown

What conclusions can be made from this data?

Originally posted by OCDuron
OK…I fixed my problem. I just had to reduce my writing speed to 24X (I’m using 16X certified media). Now to the next question. CDSpeed reported that my 80min. media can burn 89:57.74 with no errors. Is this common?

You could write 24x on a 16x media???
how weird… :slight_smile:

I can write 40x on this media with no problems whatsoever. I just can’t overburn at that speed. I can overburn as high as 32x.