CDSpeed doesn't work without Nero?

I recently upgraded to Nero 7. Ironically, I then wanted to uninstall it altogether, except I still want Recode and the Tools section (ie, InfoTool and CD Speed). So I uninstalled everything, and then redid a custom install with only those items selected. When I tried to open CD Speed after that, I got an error that said “No cd-roms drives found”. Then I tried just the standalone install of CD Speed, same error.

So I uninstalled all that stuff and reinstalled most of Nero 7… now CD Speed works again.

In retrospect, I have a feeling Recode won’t work without Burning ROM so I’ll need to find another way to recode video for my iPod (not a big deal).

But I would like to use CD Speed still. What do I need to do?

Use of CD Speed has nothing to do with Nero your problem is some where else. Try to uninstall both Nero and CD Speed reboot and then reinstall CD Speed only.

You need the wnaspi32.dll in the same folder as CDSpeed for it to work. You can get it here: http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/ASPI_Driver.html . If you don’t want to see it in the folder you can change it’s properties to hidden.

cheers mrspiffyca, I had the same problem. since discovering imgburn I got rid of nero and gained about 400mb of disk space!

HDD drives are cheap anymore especially if you get them on sale :wink:

I’ve never had to do this. I just copy and paste it on my desktop. I do [B]NOT[/B] have Nero installed on my machine.

the problem I had rolling56 was that my samsung burner had to have a registry hack to let cdspeed see it. once nero was uninstalled cdspeed was no longer aware of the drive. now it is again. hard drives aren’t so cheap on a laptop (my desktop is dead - R.I.P). will hopefully get a new desktop next year after a new cooker for the ball and chain…

Well that’s understandable. If you uninstall Nero you won’t have anything in the registry for it. But you still can use CD Speed as a stand alone(it’s not in the registry though).

I know how that is.

Hi :slight_smile:
You can use CD/DVDSpeed (on its own) with your Sammie. :iagree: But this entails you editing your registry. :iagree: Which you may not want to do. :iagree:

I stand corrected yes it is in the registry when used as a stand alone :doh:

[QUOTE=rolling56]HDD drives are cheap anymore especially if you get them on sale :wink:
I’ve never had to do this. I just copy and paste it on my desktop.

I agree with rolling you don’t need any addtion file to be embadded into CDSpeed program in order to work.