Cds200 5.0

Hello,

I’ve just used two new titles which are protected with Cactus Data Shield 200 5.0.151 5.00.161 :

• The Beatles : Let it Be … Naked.
  • Henri Salvador : Ma chère et tendre.

To find the CDS protection :

• press shift before inserting the CD (or disable autorun).
  • Look in the player folder to find a version.txt file which gives the CDS version number.
    Note : This protection is hardware dependent : I use a plextor 's drive.

My process for extracting the tracks is always the same :

• start plextools.
  • set on the setting “enable single session”.
  • With the previous CDS versions reduce the reading speed at 4x. With CDS 5.0 this is not necessary as the track extraction doesn’t show any reading error at all.
  • extract the tracks with plextools.
  • burn the tracks with nero.
    And here you are.

I suppose (but I haven’t tried it) that with a “good” CDS reader ,
CloneCD … will do the job with read the first session tickled.

Thanks for that. Someone else also got the LiB album recently.

hey guys the new album by guilty by blue is also protected by cd 200.5.0.151-5.00.160.
deep purple - bananas , asian dub foundation (don;t know the name of the album) , star sailor, and the first hindi audio cd i have seen protected is kal ho naa ho with key2audio.
i have a ltr - 52327s and ripping it was a piece of cake.
use exact audio copy it recognises the tracks right away just rip it.
no hasels what so ever.
and if u want a perfect 1:1 copy use alcohol and audio cd+ profile you will get a perfect copy of all ccactus datashield proetected discs.

For CDS200 CDs with errors, no perfect copy is possible, since CIRC errors (low level errors) can’t be burned by CD burners. The copy will have the read errors embedded into the data, and the burner will burn them error free.

Maybe alcohol can copy the corrupted TOC, is this what you meant ? Interesting, but not very useful. It’s better to do a copy with a corrected TOC, so that it can be read in all players, because some hifi players (especially DVD Players, portable players, car players and MP3 capable players) can’t read the corrupted TOC of CDS200 CDs.

hey,
i personally feel ripping and then burning is much better but canopus212 was explaning how it is done with plextor and just wanted to confirm that it can be done easily with the right software.

Do you extract the single tracks with plextools? I prefer to use the ‘Copy CD’ option with the Plex as reader and a .pxi image file as destination… of course enabling the ‘read 1st session only’ option.
Then I burn the image file with Plextools itself… I did it with ‘Let It Be naked’ and it worked fine…

By the way, are you sure that there are no reading errors?

Originally posted by canopus212
[B] My process for extracting the tracks is always the same :

• start plextools.
  • set on the setting “enable single session”.
  • With the previous CDS versions reduce the reading speed at 4x. With CDS 5.0 this is not necessary as the track extraction doesn’t show any reading error at all.
    [/B]