I’ve just used two new titles which are protected with Cactus Data Shield 200 5.0.151 5.00.161 :
- The Beatles : Let it Be … Naked.
- Henri Salvador : Ma chÃ¨re et tendre.
To find the CDS protection :
- press shift before inserting the CD (or disable autorun).
- Look in the player folder to find a version.txt file which gives the CDS version number.
Note : This protection is hardware dependent : I use a plextor 's drive.
My process for extracting the tracks is always the same :
- start plextools.
- set on the setting “enable single session”.
- With the previous CDS versions reduce the reading speed at 4x. With CDS 5.0 this is not necessary as the track extraction doesn’t show any reading error at all.
- extract the tracks with plextools.
- burn the tracks with nero.
And here you are.
I suppose (but I haven’t tried it) that with a “good” CDS reader ,
CloneCD … will do the job with read the first session tickled.