CD's from the UK Play in the US?

I have a freind that is moving to the US soon - will his Music CD’s work on US players?

I do know that DVD’s from the UK will NOT play on our DVD players…they’re a different region format… :frowning:

that is why the question about his music CD’s…

Thanks ever so much!! :slight_smile:

Music cds will work fine they have no region coding.

[QUOTE=suki.siamendes;2277328]I do know that DVD’s from the UK will NOT play on our DVD players…they’re a different region format… :([/QUOTE]

Most standalone DVD players these days can be set to region free, either by entering a code via the handset, or by ‘chipping’ at the dealer. Modern TVs and DVD players also support both NTSC and PAL so with a little googling you should be able to play media from all round the world.

Alternatively strip out the region coding with DVD Fab HD Decrypter and make backups of the media.

Sláinte

midders

Thank you so much!!! :slight_smile:

Music CDs don’t have region coding and will play regardless of country as already mentioned.

Most televisions and DVD players available in Europe are multi-standard and will play both NTSC and PAL content, unless the region code prevents it.

A few years back, most televisions in the US were not multi-standard as far as I know, and could only play NTSC. I don’t know if the situation has changed to be more like Europe so that multi-standard is the norm, but I wouldn’t blindly count on it.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile: