CDs/DVDs play but won\'t burn (LG GH22LP20)

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH22LP20. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi! 1st post, I hope you can help. I have been using an LG GSA-H22N with no problems for a couple of years and all of a sudden I could play CDs and DVDs but could not burn them. I could go into Nero and add files, but the “Burn” button would not light-up. I tried un-installing it and it still would not work.
So, I decided to just buy another burner, the GH22LP20, and install it. I still have the same problem. My old burner was set up as a slave, so I tried that and master. I have tried different media. I have tried different burner programs. I switched out the ribbon cable. I have also tried the two different plug-ins for the ribbon cable that are side by side on the motherboard.
I have also been having a few other problems with my computer lately. My Spyware program(Trend-micro) cannot connect to the internet automatically for updates and often freezes when doing a scan. I don’t know if these problems are related to the burner issue.
I would appreciate any help you could give me. I was O.K. enough to build this computer myself but I’m not that great with computers and this problem has me stumped.
I am using XP.

Thanks
KrisM

I installed ImgBurn yesterday and this the log file that came up today.
I don’t really understand it and would love some help!
Thanks again.

I 08:53:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 08:53:55 Microsoft A (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)
I 08:53:55 Total Physical Memory: 1,014,252 KB - Available: 426,120 KB
I 08:53:55 Initialising SPTI…
I 08:53:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
E 08:53:58 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (D:)
E 08:53:58 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 08:53:58 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 08:53:58 This drive will not be visible in the program.
W 08:53:58 No devices detected!