CD's > DVD

Hey guys,
I know this has be said before but I couldn’t find the thread. I have a shop copy of Sims 2, I want to make a DATA back-up of it to a DVD. I’m not botherd about the protection cos I know my DVD Burner (Pioneer DVR-103) can’t hadle it. Anyone got any idea how I can do this?

Thax

VH
:slight_smile:

Hi VirusHack,

Do you have the CD version of the game? You could make an image of each of the CDs using Alcohol 120%, then burn all the images to a DVD using Nero 6/CopyToDVD. Then, using a mounting software (Daemon Tools,Alcohol 120%/52%), mount each one as you need it. It should work.

Good luck.

Hi
Thax for the help, tho I was looking to merge all 4 (:p) cds into 1 DVD so that the setup just runs with out me having to much about wiv disks.

VH
:wink:

Hi again, Thats not possible because when you go to run the game, it won’t run because its not in orginal format.

1000th post!!!

@merther02
He is looking to install without hastle of switching discs, not to run it off the DVD backup.

@Virushack
The thread you are looking for I believe is this one:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=105212

Well thanks for your help guys, but its not gonner work! 1 reason: Sims 2 dosn’t use .msi files, EA use there own engine :p!

Thanks anyway,

VH
:slight_smile:

hi if you are still interested i might have a way that works?

If its legal why not post it then…

Yeah ok go on then :slight_smile:

VH

whell i got splinter cell pd today with 4 discs and to install it i had to keep swapping discs so i copyed all the disks to 1 folder burnt just the files from the folder (not the folder which contains the files) to a dvd using nero and it works just like its a dvd version of the game, and the screen which says install and all that comes up as well when i insert the disc.

(hope this is legal to post sorry if its not)

This themes have been discussed over there and other places a lot, but i doubt of its legallity (furthermore,warez teams had learn to use it, and thats what i tried to avoid, but …) .msi modification is just one of the available method, but only will work with windows installer ( and those based on). For installshield or EA installer u should use another method. u have this info ( in english) in fileforums, besides it is not the original place it where discussed first (in spanish).

Good luck!