Cdrwin

vbimport

is there a way to get the 3d or the 4th version to work with the TEAC 40X writer? I know that CdrWin 5 supports it but there are some stuff in the older versions that I want.

it seems to be that cdrwin 3 and 4 are from a different company than cdrwin 5.
I just mailed Goldenhawk (cdrwin 3 and 4) how i can get a drive supported. I want my Toshiba dvd drive fully supported.
If i get an answer i will post it here.

I also asked if they really sold the cdrwin engine to an other company (those of cdrwin5).

I have been emailing with Goldenhawk and Padus, since these two companies seem to be involved in the production of CDRWin v5, in cooperation with Engelmann Media, using Disk4You as their distributor. Here’s a couple of things they had to say:

When I asked what will happen with the development of v3 and v4, and what’s the score with CDRWin v5, they replied:

CDRWIN 5.0 is NOT from Goldenhawk Technology. We are currently investigating this situation, and will have some resolution to it soon. We strongly recommend that you do NOT use version 5.0 as there are many reports of it crashing people’s systems. We have not stopped development of anything, nor have we sold any rights to anyone.

Chris

When I asked who owns the rights to use the name “CDRWin”, and what kind of relationship they have with Padus, Disk4you
and Engelmann, they answered:

We cant really comment at this time. There USED to be a relatioship years ago with Disk4u, never with Padus. Thats all i can say now.

Then I heard that CDRWin v5 is a result of a project containing people from Padus, GoldenHawk & former CeQuadrat/Roxio employees…

Again we cannot comment but we do not have relations with Padus and We are not Working on this project.

CDRWIN 5.0 is NOT from Goldenhawk Technology. We are currently investigating this situation, and will have some resolution to it soon. We strongly recommend that you do NOT use version 5.0 as there are many reports of it crashing people’s systems.

John

Now it was time to contact Padus :slight_smile: Here’s what I sent them:

I heard lots of rumours, so I decided to contact Goldenhawk. They said CDRWin is NOT a Goldenhawk product and that they are “investigation the situation”. But I also heard from a pretty reliable source, that CDRWin v5 is a resoult of a project containing people from Padus, Goldenhawk & former CeQuadrat/Roxio employees…

Goldenhawk says it had a relationship with Disk4U years ago, and NEVER had any relationship with Padus, so this contradicts with the above…

Here’s what Fred from Padus had to say:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about CDRWin v5. Padus does have a license agreement with Engelmann Media for our toolkit which is being used in version 5 of CDRWin.

Please let me know if you need any additional clarifications.

Best Regards,
Fred

And yes, I needed some additionall clarifications :smiley:

But who owns the rights for the usage of the name “CDRWin” ? Goldenhawk is also developing CDRWin, and says it has got nothing to do with Engelmann Media, Disk4You or Padus.

???

D.

And Fred replied:

Hello,

That is a good question. You should ask Engelmann Media? I was assuming that Engelmann negotatied the rights from Goldenhawk.

Regards,
Fred

And here’s where the story ends, since my email to Engelmann Media hasn’t been replied yet. I think that Goldenhawk and Engelmann are in a legal struggle about the usage of the CDRWin name, and personally, since Jeff Arnold (owner of Goldenhawk) has pulled other weird shit, I think Engelmann is not guilty of anything here…

But we’ll see, and I’ll try to keep everyone in the scene uptodate…

Thanx…very interesting
Please keep us informed.

I could Never Understand the GoldenHawk Technology of Cdr-win and how it works with Bin and Cues?..What are they can anybody tell me?

The .CUE instructs the burning application on how to handle the .BIN file, wich is the actual data…

Makes it a bit Clearer on what they Are. :slight_smile: Thnks

U’r welcome…

By the way, almost every app supports the .CUE/.BIN format, not just CDRWin…

i just wanted to say that cdrwin 5 just fucked up my system three days ago. it deleted all windows drivers and i ended up with a pc why no detected peripherals. i had winME and i had to reinstall

Well, a fresh install of WInblowz wasn’t really necessary here, a register edit and a fresh install of CloneCD would have recovered your drives…

But indeed, v5 is not the gem everyone is waiting for…

believe me… my pc was completely fucked!

I had the same problem when I uninstalled this but like he said, CloneCD was the answer.
When I uninstalled it all my cdrom drives disappeared including virtual ones.
Luckily CloneCD however detected that it had fucked up my drivers and it automatically fixed them. After a reboot I had them all back.

CloneCD is AWESOME!!

don’t say that too loud…the CD Mate people might hear you and delete this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

there’s a war going on out there son