CDRWin doesn't work

vbimport

Hello! I've reccently installed CDRWin 3.9, and then 3.9a and i get the following errors:

1. (12)Error reading DosDevice information, Error = 122
  2. (40) The data area passed to asystem call is too small
  3. Error: Unable to initialize the ASPI manager ASPI initialization failure

All 3 errors come one after the other until CDRWin eventually loads, but it doesn't recognize my CD Drive. :frowning: I had an older 3.8x version that didn't give me this errors, but i'm buying a new recorder, and that older version won't support it. I've installed several versions of the ASPI layer (first with forceaspi and then adaptec updates), including the one bundled with CDRWin, but to no effect. Also to note that nero, clonecd and blindwrite works fine with the default layer, not the one bundled with these apps. :slight_smile:
Any thoughts?
Thanx

Sorry... my Windows XP system is as follows:
ASUS TUSL2-C 1012 & i815 Tweaker
PIII Tualatin 1133 @ 1275 Mhz cooled by Modded Volcano 7
512 MB SDRam Crucial PC150 CL2
Gainward Geforce 3 64MB DDR 200/460 @ 240/510
ASUS I-Panel Deluxe
ASUS DVD-Rom E616
Plextor 12/10/32 A
Seagate Barracuda 40 GB 7200 rpm
WD Caviar 20 GB 5400 rpm
Soundblaster Live! Player 1024
Samsung 700 IFT
Pinnacle PCTV Pro
Realtek RTL8139 NIC
Qtronix Multimedia Keyboard
Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical
Dexxa USB Graphic Tablet

Do a search for forceaspi on this forum and you should be ok.

Furthermore, it would help to include more detailes about your PC next time (OS, writer make and model etc)…

First download and install ASPI layer 4.71

Reboot

Then install ASPI fix for windows 2000/XP

Reboot again.

That may help.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]First download and install ASPI layer 4.71

Reboot

Then install ASPI fix for windows 2000/XP

Reboot again.

That may help. [/B]

Well, i did as you instructed, installed ASPI 4.71, rebooted, installed ASPIfix, rebooted, and when it came up, it appeared to be in safe mode (4 bit 800x600) but it was not, it was on normal mode…:confused: I did a system restore, no effect… reinstalled nVidia drivers, again, no effect… Removed the reg entries by ASPIfix, no effect…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The good thing is that CDRWin works:bow: Am i looking at a complete system reinstall?