Cdrw with plex 48X

vbimport

I received a cdrw 74 min.-/650 mb when i bought the plex48x, but i have a question about it:

Can it be used with my new plex48x?

Only with this cdrw (ultra speed disk) i get the message:

Can’t do fixation…

Any other cdrw works, accept the ultra speed!

I asked Plextor Belgium for advise, but they say to me: use it only on a ultra speed burner???

Why does plextor put a cdrw-ultra speed in the plextor-box, but it can’ t be used?

Ive just recieved my plex 48/24/48a and i also have a 24x cdre-writable and it works ok burning at 24x so i dont know if you have something set up wrong or if it is a fault with the plex i really dont know the drive shouldnt have any problems with that disk of course the disk might be faulty ???

1 thing is your drive able to burn a cdrw at 24 x you dont say if its 48/12/48 or a 48/24/48 ? that might explain it…not sure i was of any help maybe someone else can offer more…goodluck

The drive is a: Plextor 48/24/48A drive E-IDE (ATAPI) INTERFACE.

Just received an e-mail from Plextor-Belgium, they are sending a new cdrw.

The plextools cd was also a “faulty” one and was also replaced by a good one.:smiley:

Hehe I think Plextor thought you were trying to use the US-RW (Ultra Speed) disc with a ‘normal’ HS-RW (High Speed) writer (10x/12x) which doesn’t work. Good to hear that Plextor will replace it for you.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Hehe I think Plextor thought you were trying to use the US-RW (Ultra Speed) disc with a ‘normal’ HS-RW (High Speed) writer (10x/12x) which doesn’t work. Good to hear that Plextor will replace it for you.

Hi GF,

Yes they assumed that in the first place, but later on they understood the problem!

Hey GF, finished with your study?
You were the first forum-internet-member who helped me…!! ThanX a Lot

Is the old site still down??:smiley:

Originally posted by server666
[B]Hey GF, finished with your study?

You were the first forum-internet-member who helped me…!! ThanX a Lot Is the old site still down??:smiley: [/B]
Hey thanks for asking :wink: As a matter of fact I finished my study last week and I can now officially add Ing. (Dutch: Ingenieur) to my name :smiley: The old site is still online (you’re referring to CD/Copy-Raiser right?) but I don’t update it anymore (and haven’t done so in a long, long time). Most of my spare time now goes to CD Freaks and I like it that way :slight_smile:

Aha, very nice, mister Ing. !!

Congratulations and hopefully you will find a good interesting JOB…

See Ya and everybody thanX for helping me…

>Cd-Freaks-For-Always<

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by server666
[B]The drive is a: Plextor 48/24/48A drive E-IDE (ATAPI) INTERFACE.

Just received an e-mail from Plextor-Belgium, they are sending a new cdrw.

The plextools cd was also a “faulty” one and was also replaced by a good one.:smiley: [/B]

I received the new cdrw within 7 days, burned some and it’s working o.k.: that is service…PLEXTOR…!

Thanks for letting us know server666!