CDRW Tray STUCK!... how to fix it?

vbimport

my velocd TDK tray is stuck when i was replacing my old comp…

didn’t touch a thing to it…

how could i release it?

There must be some kind of hole in the front of the drive, giving you access to the tray-emergency mechanism. Use something long (like a piece of stiff wire) to trigger the mechanism through that hole to make the tray eject.

yea there is little hole…
do i poke at and push release button at the same time?

No you don’t need the electronical controls. Only pushing the lever inside the device (through the hole) should do the trick. Try it (with some patience) and you’ll see that it works.

arrrg…now i know what you are talking about

but i also have lite on dvd rip below…and i could feel the lever

but on tdk (rebadge lite on) i can’t…i think the lever is already pushed in or stuck pushed in which i didn’t cause from poking it.

Hmm I don’t know what happened in there, but if both the lever and the tray are really stuck, I see only two ways to solve this problem:

1. open up the drive and make the tray eject manually (be careful!)

2. bring the drive back to the store you bought it from (is there still warranty on the drive?)

Originally posted by MoonPie
[B]arrrg…now i know what you are talking about

but i also have lite on dvd rip below…and i could feel the lever

but on tdk (rebadge lite on) i can’t…i think the lever is already pushed in or stuck pushed in which i didn’t cause from poking it. [/B]

What have you done with it?

This is not normal.

Try what Dee-ehn supposed and let us know.

thought about opening it but rather send it back

some has gone wrong now…LOL

power is gone…

i think mine is still under warranty being not a year old

i’ll rma it

urrg…how stupid of me… after frustration i bang the top of the drive couple times…

power is now gone on this drive now i can’t update firmware to TDK from lite on…

i wonder if they would RMA it?..LOL

I hope this advice will still be helpful. To use the eject-pin trick, you need to turn the computer off before trying to eject the tray. I find that heavy-duty paper clips work well to eject the tray if the drive didn’t come with an eject pin.