Over past few months I would have occasional problems when I tried to burn a CR-R. But could then burn the data CD with a different disk. Yesterday I started to burn a data CD and the progress window opened then a few seconds later closed. The yellow light on the CDRW (Magicspin BCE5224IM) continued to flash. I went and had dinner but 30 min later the yellow light was still flashing. I could not eject the CD so had to power off.
I have tried:
- Checking IDE cable connection
2 Confirmed latest drivers are installed
- Removed DVDRW from system, changed jumper to Master from slave on CDRW
- Tried 3 different brands of media
- Run MS Troubleshooter - No problem found
- Run MS Fix-It - No problem found to fix
- Swapped old CDRW with a new CDRW (I/O Magic CDRW5442P) but get same problem
- Tried to burn the CD using my DVDRW drive and it burned OK
When I restart the PC I do get a pop-up that the new CDRW has been detected each time I change the CDRW.
Inspecting the CD-Rs I have tried I see a small section of the media appears to have been written on in each CD but the amount is different for each CD-R. Clearly Explorer starts to burn then for some reason stops.
Win-7 64 bit… Windows automatic updater is on. Device manager indicates latest drivers are installed.