Cdrw px-w2410ta + safedisc2

i want to buy a plextor cdrw px-w2410ta , but there are rumours that it should have tla#0000 in order to make working copies of safedisc2 . i think that it ist’ n possible anymore to find the px-w2410ta with that tla# . can anybody tell me about that rumour .is the px-w2410ta , with the latest tla# ,still a winner to make working copies of safedisc2 ?
thankx

Still a winnner. The things you mention were just rumours and simply untrue. Simple as that! :smiley:

i bought it , and yes , copied my first safedisc 2 cdrom ( no one lives forever ) without any problem , i can play it in every cdplayer , yes this cdrw is a winner ,
thankx

Originally posted by robertzimmer
thankx
No problem :smiley:

I checked the CDRInfo( www.cdrinfo.com) forums and its seems that it was just all bunch of rumors by idiots that don’t know how to copy cds.

Ok, so it seems to be rumors.

I tried to burn Operation Flashpoint (european version, SD2)… No problem!

Thanx everybody.

Last question : My plex is a 1.01, should i upgrade to firmware 1.02?

May be it is a stupid question, regarding to your tests on firmware 1.02… :wink:

Last question : My plex is a 1.01, should i upgrade to firmware 1.02?
Yep. Haven’t heard a bad thing about it because it improves reading, writing & media compatibility. And forget the TLA issues too.

This CD Freaks review of the Plex PX-W2410A uses the 1.02 FirmWare. It’s better than the 1.01 version :slight_smile:

Ok… hum… so, let’s flash!!! :slight_smile:

Happy End

Hello list… I own a Teac CD-W524E ATAPI. I have just bought (today that is) Operation FlashPoint. I am trying to make an image file with CloneCD v3.3.2.1. I have checked “x1 Read Speed”, “Fast Error Skip” and under the “Fast Error Skip Settings” i have “Read Retries: 3” and “Error Correction: none”. The problem is that when i start the whole operation i see alot of messages (via the Log) that say: “Failed to read sector:xxx”, “Failed to read sector:xxx”, “Failed to read sector:xxx” and so on. I haven’t completed the process yet, as a matter of fact it is in progress as i am writing this… Are these the correct settings i am using? Are the messages “Failed to read sector:xxx” and so on, blah, blah, blah good to show up? Is there something else i am missing? Thanx in advance for any help.

its supposed to say failed to read sector xxx…
and check this list if your writer can copy SD2 with AWS

Thanx alot… That was something i couldn’t understand, that is if it is supposed to say “Failed to read sector:xxx” and so on. I will let you know as soon i complete the tests. Thanx again for your help. By the way the site you gave me says that i can only play the game from the CD Recorder. I will test that too. The Revision level is 1.0A. Thanx again…

no problem

Well… It worked like a charm. Both CD1 and CD2 were in SafeDisc v2… I copied both with no problem, no problem at all. The best thing is that the games played and installed from (watch): Compaq CRD-8484B (CD-ROM), Teac CD-W524E (CD-REC), Yamaha CRW2100S (CD-REC), Pletor PX-32TSi (CD-ROM), Plextor PX-40TS (CD-ROM), Teac CD-540E (CD-ROM) and (finally) Creative DVD-6240E (DVD-ROM)… I think that after that, the backed up game will can play in any drive… In addition the copies were 2, one with “Amplify Weak Sectors” and the other without “Amplify Weak Sectors”. Both played like a charm. I don’t know if that was important but i red about it and said “Let’s try it”. I have also made a backup of Ghost Recon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Commandos 2, Colin McRae Rally 2 and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. Thanx again for your help.

P.S. I think that Teac CD-W524E is OK regarding SafeDisc v2.

Sorry… I forgot one thing, the copies burned at x24 speed.

Originally posted by ViolatorDM
Thanx again for your help.

no problem
i have the yamaha 2100s and all the SD2 games that I copied worked like a charm

I also own a Yamaha CRW2100S but the games i burn can only play from the Recorder and other recorders. I don’t know why. From what i have seen the Yamaha CRW2100S doesn’t support “Correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns” (i noticed that from the CloneCD site). Maybe it has to do with the revision level, mine is 1.0H. Maybe it has something to do with that. I bought the Teac CD-W524E just because it supports that EFM thing. I read that SafeDisk v2 has it’s technology based on that (apart from other things). Anyway, i stopped using the Yamaha and bought the Teac. See ya…

well my burnt SD2 games with the yamaha 2100s worked on every drive
I have firmware 1.0K which came with it

Originally posted by oaky_88
well my burnt SD2 games with the yamaha 2100s worked on every drive
I have firmware 1.0K which came with it

People… Read this and upgrade to firmware 1.0K, mine has 1.0H and doesn’t work with SD2 :cool:. I am going to upgrade asap, that is as soon as i get the 1.0K firmware on my hands. Thanx again for enlightening me for one more time :D. Thanx again.

Originally posted by ViolatorDM
Thanx again.

no problem