CDRW not working suddenly

I tried burning a CD after more than a month and 1st Nero refused to burn citing wirte error, then even Windows XP refused. The drive works fine during read. I’m just wondering if it could be that I’d dismantled my PC few weeks ago and if that could somehow have a hand. Since the read is fine why won’t the write work??

Athlon XP 2000+ 512MB DDR PC 2100, Justlink 24/10/40 CDRW

Originally posted by mabbasc

I tried burning a CD after more than a month and 1st Nero refused to burn citing wirte error, then even Windows XP refused. The drive works fine during read. I’m just wondering if it could be that I’d dismantled my PC few weeks ago and if that could somehow have a hand. Since the read is fine why won’t the write work??

Most likely you’ve gotta disable IMAPI, since you seem to have the software conflict between it and Nero :

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service -> set it to Disabled

“Description :
Manages CD recording using Image Mastering Applications Programming Interface (IMAPI). If this service is stopped, this computer will be unable to record CDs. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.”

More clues -> here