CDRW Format

vbimport

What is the best app to format a cdrw?

i use CCd but i have only ever use a CDRW once :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t really matter. I use both CCD and Nero, since they are my only two real burning programs. I use CDRWs to burn audio and MP3 CDs, since my taste in music changes a lot and it takes a long time for me to record my MDs with songs since my MZ-R909 doesn’t have NetMD.

Hope this helps
DFourthHorseman

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
… it takes a long time for me to record my MDs with songs since my MZ-R909 doesn’t have NetMD.

That is why you wait.:bigsmile: I bought the MZ-N707 after exhibiting self control by not buying a MD immediatly. It was a big jump in recording speeds wasn’t it? 2x to 32x in a few models. Alot of people must feel gipped now.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]What is the best app to format a cdrw?

i use CCd but i have only ever use a CDRW once :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Peeps I believe shuebhussain is asking for an app to format a CD-RW. Formatting prepares a CD for packet writing (like a floppy).

InCD and DirectCD are the two prevailing packet writing utilities. I use DirectCD because I can format CD-Rs as well as CR-RWs with it, InCD can’t do that.

The Mount Rainier specification is also for packet writing. I have not tried it but it allows background formatting (on-the-fly) which can save a lot of time. Typically a CD-RW can take 10 to 20 finutes to complete formatting.

HTH.

You NetMD ppl really like to rub it in rite? Lol. But I bought my MD a year ago, didn’t know there was a NetMD coming out, and even when I did I thought Sony was also going to make a 3 1/2 bay pc drive for MDs. Besides, I only want the MZ-N1, it costs like 400 I think on ebay. I’ll stick with my MZ-R909 and AHX-400 for now.

As for the main point for this thread. I thought he meant just formatting it blank, since he first mentioned CloneCD. But if you’re talking bout packet writing, then you have only two choices, DirectCD and InCD. I have Nero so I get InCD free, so I’m sorta stuck with that, but it works well. I’m not sure if it does it with CDRs I think it does but I never tried it. As for formatting time, yea, usually over 20mins for 4x, and less than 10mins for 10x and above.

Hope this helps,
DFourthHorseman

I use Nero to erase my cdrw’s and it works perfect. use it!!!

Well doesn’t really matter you know, they erase all the same, CCD, EasyCD, Nero, etc etc.