CDRW Drivers in Windows XP

vbimport

Hello,
I have problems with the cdrw drivers under Windows XP pro. The OS doesn’t let me install any driver unless is certified and it sends me to www.roxio.de where i can’t download the “new” drivers unless I buy the Easy CD Creator program :mad: . My cdrw is Acer. Please, help me cause i don’t know what to do next.

What drivers are we talking about here? A CD_RW doesn’t need drivers to be installed. It should be automatically detected in your BIOS and Windows… I’m also running WinXP and didn’t have any problems with my Plextor drive :confused:

Till now, i’ve used WinMe and Win2k without having any problems. But now, BIOS recognises the drive and WinXP shows a note everytime I boot about the fact that I need updated drivers for the cdrw!? In the CDRW properties window it’s written that “Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.”
I can use the drive to read cds but i can’t burn with any software. Do you know what shoul I try next? Thank you.

No I have no idea… Sorry :frowning:
Which WinXP version are you using? Final?

Sorry, G@M3FR3@K, you are wrong.
A CD reader does not require drivers but a CD WRITER will not be detected correctly by any burning software until ASPI is installed.

Originally posted by Black Diamond
Sorry, G@M3FR3@K, you are wrong.
A CD reader does not require drivers but a CD WRITER will not be detected correctly by any burning software until ASPI is installed.

I think you understood me wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I was poiting at the ‘fact’ that a CD-RW should be automatically detected in an OS: Why else can you explain that although Windows XP does not have a standard ASPI layer on board (Win9x/ME do) it detects my Plextor PX-W1210A. ASPI is needed for burning software to communicate with the burner. Some burning software like CloneCD and Nero have their own layer build-in so they will work without an installed ASPI layer.

But it would be a good idea to install an ASPI layer and see what happens. It can’t hurt :slight_smile: You can download ForceASPI from www.cdrsoft.cc

Here goes again my friend G@M3FR3@K…I get the same message with Fixxxer even with forceaspi installed.I have the final version of XP pro.You are right for Clone and Nero but if we only could…tweak this automatic disabling related drivers…Any ideas???

Originally posted by syblegma
Here goes again my friend G@M3FR3@K…I get the same message with Fixxxer even with forceaspi installed.I have the final version of XP pro.You are right for Clone and Nero but if we only could…tweak this automatic disabling related drivers…Any ideas???
And you also have an Acer writer? Maybe it’s a good idea to check with the Acer website and see if they have new drivers online… And if they don’t maybe it’s an idea to check with their technical support… Sorry I can’t be of more help. I’ll keep an eye out for more info on this.

BTW: Are you using the final build of WinXP: Build 2600?

BAAH!!Clone cd - Nero ! Nothing else…To tell you the truth Winoncd has one of the best interfaces.Its too easy for a beginner to write a cd.:wink:

Could you make a screenshot of those drivers you have to install? (the message you get)